Cannot Slow Down When Landed : Help :(

marker

As the title says, for some reason I cannot slow down when I have landed the F15, my landing speed is good, usually between 180 - 200, flaps down and I usually have to have the airbrake on to get me to that speed! Throttle is all the way down as well.

I have my Saitek pedals toe push as the brakes for left and right wheels, makes no difference, pressing W for wheel brake makes no difference as well.

My throttle controller is the throttle part from an X52, I have a MS Sidewinder FF joystick and my pedals are Saitek Cessna Pro..

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks

“Any pilot should be flying the spitfire, at least once.” – John S. Blyth

Your landing speed is not good. It's horrible.

Even with a heavy aircraft, usually touch-down will be less than 150kts, and with a light aircraft, easily 130-120.

Fix your landings, they're bad.

Here are some instructions to get you started: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=123658

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Ok, so the problem still exists. My throttle isn't slowing the aircraft down. Adjusted curves etc, the throttle is calibrated as well!

It seems that the throttle is still giving power!

“Any pilot should be flying the spitfire, at least once.” – John S. Blyth

Als your landing speed isn't "TERRIBLE OMG" , it's just a bit fast :smilewink:

It's 'TERRIBLE OMG'. Don't lie to the man.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Just like to add that my landings with the Eagle had always been a bit harder than I'd like them to be but still OK. It wasn't until I carefully saw the videos GGTharos posted that I realized I was coming in too steep. While my speed was closer to the right numbers, my flare was kinda sorta gross since I had to do a drastic change in attitude. It also meant I stalled harder on the flare since it bled speed off quickly. Now I go in shallower and my landings are much, much smoother.

Edited by Skall

• 2 weeks later...

Landing approach speed for F-15C with F100-PW-220 engine:

33p5y6p.jpg

Remember to fly 22 units AOA (max) and a 2.5°~3° glide-path.

Source: T.O. 1F-15A-1

Edited by LJQCN101

EFM / FCS developer, Deka Ironwork Simulations.