P-51/190 AI behavior

gavagai

Here is the first mission I've made:

http://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=101763&d=1406476589

What I don't understand is why the AI behavior is so different. Both the AI P-51s and 190s are set to fighter sweep. The P-51s are aggressive and ruthlessly pursue targets. The 190s bug out the first chance they get and are afraid to engage.

Is there something I have done wrong? I appreciate your help.:helpsmilie:

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Are the 190s close to the edge of their combat range? I've had that happen to me before. If the engagement starts close to their bingo fuel range (which seems very short by the way and makes you hope that drop tanks are implemented for the Dora when it gets released) they will refuse the fight and head for home.

Yeah - I can confirm what stone house said ... Check fuel levels and proximities if axis airfields .

Cheers on the mission!

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Thanks, the 190s are set to start with 100% fuel. They will try to bug out within 5 minutes of spawning, and are reluctant to engage, or they just don't spot bandits as well as the P-51s.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Sorry I've never seen that occur. My only other thought is to try to change the tasking from fighter sweep to something else like CAP and see if that makes a difference in case fighter sweep tasking has issues. or perhaps increase the skill level of the 190s?