AND / OR triggers

tofarley

Hey all. Pretty new to the mission editor, but I'm curious about something. When building a trigger you have an option for "OR". For example, If unit altitude is greater than 1,000ft OR unit is in zone. What if I want to use an AND here? If the unit is in zone.

I'm trying to create some "NOE" missions for the F-86 where only if you are too high and close enough to a radar tower, will you be spotted (thereby activating some MiGs).

I'm sure it can be done with LUA, but I haven't really gotten that deep yet. The "Flag" variable still confuses me a bit too.

Hey all. Pretty new to the mission editor, but I'm curious about something. When building a trigger you have an option for "OR". For example, If unit altitude is greater than 1,000ft OR unit is in zone. What if I want to use an AND here? If the unit is in zone.

I'm trying to create some "NOE" missions for the F-86 where only if you are too high and close enough to a radar tower, will you be spotted (thereby activating some MiGs).

I'm sure it can be done with LUA, but I haven't really gotten that deep yet. The "Flag" variable still confuses me a bit too.

why not make so that if the radar pickes them up it sends the migs?

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

Not sure if I'm answering the question you seem to be asking but.......

If you use the OR operator between two conditions then if either condition is true the trigger will activate. However if you use an AND then BOTH conditions must be true for the trigger to activate. So you need to choose your conditions and the operators you use to suit the situation and the desired outcome.

Not sure if I'm answering the question you seem to be asking but.......

If you use the OR operator between two conditions then if either condition is true the trigger will activate. However if you use an AND then BOTH conditions must be true for the trigger to activate. So you need to choose your conditions and the operators you use to suit the situation and the desired outcome.

Correct. This is what I am asking. There is no option for AND, only OR, however.

And is default. So if you add two conditions, both have to be met.

Edit - I believe.

Yeah. I can be dense sometimes. I realized when looking at another mission last night that AND is implied. Thanks for the response.

I am interested in the comment above that says I can execute a trigger based on when something appears on radar. I can't find anything like that, but it would be great to do if anyone has a tip.