[REPORTED] BUG 1.2.9. - AI Ka-50 fails to attack with gun

Flagrum

An AI Ka-50 fails to attack targets with the gun. Instead it does the run in but when it should start shooting, the gun barrel moves around in circles as if it tries to make scrambled eggs but doesn't fire a single shot.

To replicate: set up a waypoint "PERFORM TASK: 'Attack Group" with Weapon "Cannon".

This error is new in 1.2.9 - re-tested it under 1.2.8 and everything worked as expected (i.e. all enemy targets dead). AI skill seems to make no difference, tested with "Average" and "Excellent"

Maybe there are other attack types affected by this bug? And/or other aircrafts? Can someone else check this perhaps?

Attachments: test mission to replicate the error

dumbgun129.miz

An AI Ka-50 fails to attack targets with the gun. Instead it does the run in but when it should start shooting, the gun barrel moves around in circles as if it tries to make scrambled eggs but doesn't fire a single shot.

To replicate: set up a waypoint "PERFORM TASK: 'Attack Group" with Weapon "Cannon".

This error is new in 1.2.9 - re-tested it under 1.2.8 and everything worked as expected (i.e. all enemy targets dead). AI skill seems to make no difference, tested with "Average" and "Excellent"

Maybe there are other attack types affected by this bug? And/or other aircrafts? Can someone else check this perhaps?

Attachments: test mission to replicate the error

I can confirm this - and the same goes for Mi-24V - it also only moves barrel in circles and does not shoot. On the other hand the Mi-28N works well. I haven't tested others.

If the devs are reading - maybe it is helpful, but the problem seems to lie in the file \bin\WeaponsBase.dll, I have replaced it with a file from an older 1.2.8 version and AIs fire their guns from KA-50 and Mi-24V just fine, once I put back the 1.2.9 WeaponBase.dll they are not able to shoot.

• 4 weeks later...
I can confirm this - and the same goes for Mi-24V - it also only moves barrel in circles and does not shoot. On the other hand the Mi-28N works well. I haven't tested others.

I can also confirm this.

EDIT: This should be moved to the bugs subforum.

Edited by chrisofsweden
Suggestion to move to bugs subforum

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

I can confirm this too.

One of the SEAD missions I created lately involves 4 Ka-50 tasked to take out the remains of a SAM site once the Su-25T's did their job.

The Ka's do attack with Vikhrs from far away and then close in, flying over the last few remains while moving the barrel.

On one occasion their was 1 Infantry Soldier with a heavy machine-gun left alive after all those stand-off attacks. He almost downed 4 Kamovs himself, each and every Chopper got hit over and over again, voiding the option for soldiers to be taken out by gun runs.

The mission is attached, it mainly focuses on SEAD and is fully automatic, no player slot.

I wanted to closely watch and count how many ARMs you need to spam a Patriot.

Use time shift to accelerate until the Kamovs are close to Batumi.

Bit

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

...and ?

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

RL 1st, everything else is not even 2nd !

Take your time

Bit