Bug Report: Roll control surface issue

drsgfire

Hopefully this is a real issue as I hate looking like an idiot :)

I was flying the 86 last night and I was noticing that you can roll pretty quickly in this aircraft. So I went to do a quick switch back roll.

I rolled hard to the right first and then immediately rolled left and I noticed that the stick clanking sound got caught into a loop. Almost like a machine gun with the clanking sound.

I also saw that the opposite roll was very slow. So my roll to the right was quick but the left roll started at the same speed for about a second and then cut down to about half the roll rate.

Anyone else experience this?

• ED Team

if you can attach the track file, or try to reproduce in single player and attach a track.

It is easier for us all to see the issue then :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
I'm not home at the moment. I will record this tonight and get it uploaded.

I am using a Logitech G940 as well. Don't have this issue with any other aircraft.

Thanks drsgfire :thumbup:

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Here is a video of the issue and here is the track.

http://youtu.be/XvKdBisv84A

Track File

F-86 Roll Bug

Just so that you are aware that someone else has had the same issue. Until I read your post, I simply attributed it to my lousy flying skills. But I definitely cannot roll left with any authority. It's as if it goes into slow motion.:noexpression:

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

Yesterday was my first day of flying the F-86 and I noticed the same kind of behavior regarding roll authority at high airspeeds.

If you look at the first post here, this behavior seems to be mentioned there:

7. A number of nasty surprises are present when flying at maximum airspeed: negative pitching moment, uncommanded roll, inability to maintain a sustained roll (especially when G loaded). To actively maneuver at maximum airspeeds, make sure you have a safe altitude margin, utilize the speed brake, climb to bleed off excess airspeed, and reduce engine power.

I haven't encountered the g-load/breathing sound loop yesterday, but I didn't fly all that much.