black gunsmoke with 1.2.9

This was reported in the F-86 Sabre forum, but I'm seeing it with the P-51, too.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=127436&highlight=black+gun+smoke

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=127398

HMYL5B.jpg

Win7 64bit

R9 280 with Catalyst 14.4

Edited by gavagai

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

• 2 weeks later...

I have evidence that the black smoke is connected to ground fog. Turn on ground fog in a mission and I get black smoke. Turn off ground fog and it goes away.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Sorry but I still can't replicate on my end... I turned on fog and overcast... flew around shooting guns, externals and in cockpit and I didn't get the gun smoke to show with this black texture bug.

EDIT: I finally got it to show... looks like it is fog related, but also doesn't show all the time, when I am in cockpit and bank a bit it shows black smoke (pretty frequently) but flying level it doesn't :)

I'll re-check in tester version also, if I can't replicate there as well.

EDIT2: I can't replicate this in latest tester version so I can't report this (as its already fixed in newer versions and will eventually get into public release, I assume that would be in 2.0.0 / EDGE but don't take my word for it as this is just my assumption), but I did find that there is another bug with smoke effect, smoke being visible in cockpit (which is now reported)

Edited by Kuky
typos and bit better wording

No longer active in DCS...

Awesome, thanks for your help, and good find on the smoke in the cockpit.