Difference between External Modules installers and in game?

I've always used the downloaded installers for modules, but dealing with problems brought about by the F-86 led me to discovering the in game module installers under the module options in the DCS world main menu... What is the difference between the two, and which should I be using?

TBH, the Module Manager is better.

Once your license is bound to your account, log into Module Manger and it automatically downloads the correct version of the module.

With the downloaded module installers, there's a chance of mis-matched versions.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Thanks for the info, guys. I am in the process of doing a fresh install to try to get F-86 up and running. Perhaps using the external installers messed me up in the first place. I would prefer ED do away with them or put out some information regarding the different options, since I was in the dark.

TBH, the Module Manager is better.

Once your license is bound to your account, log into Module Manger and it automatically downloads the correct version of the module.

With the downloaded module installers, there's a chance of mis-matched versions.

Thanks for that. I hadn't used the Module manager before, other than to have a look. However, when I installed F-86F I notice it didn't install to my beta DCSW and I was wondering how to do that. Open Module Manager as advised above - problem fixed automatically.

Thanks.