So did anyone tried weird prop vs jet stuff like I did :D

WinterH

Meh... the jets are so overrated :P

14724769686_1b603ea2db.jpg

14767612923_1fca3119c4.jpg

14561075560_bf82bcdd8b.jpg

Interestingly, I've found I could more or less keep up with vertical maneuvers. The thing is, I could, but my wings couldn't :D leading to 3 crashes :D. 4th attempt, I kept my speed at check more carefully and got him.

Funnily, it felt easier than F-86 vs MiG-15 :)

I've been flying P-51D every now and then against other AI jets like Su-25, A-10 and L-39. With release of F-86 thought I'd give it a try as well. F-86 was actually harder than others. With my experiences so far in F-86 vs MiG-15, I don't dare trying P-51 vs MiG-15 just yet though, I guess it would just dive on my head and than lift off to orbit, repeatedly :P

It's a pretty fun what-if dogfight :)

Of course with a human pilot in F-86F this wouldn't have been much likely at all :)

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Mhm. We found that the A-10C doesn't stand a chance in a standard-protocol duel against the P-51, but if you give the A-10C a 20% fuel load and the P-51D an 80% fuel load, it's a fairly even match. The P-51D still has an edge in maneuverability, but the A-10C has speed & firepower, and with my suggested fuel mass discrepancy, the maneuverability is close enough for pilot skill to make the difference.

• Like 1

I lost this in an F-15 once.

Could have been me in that P51...I shot down an F15 that engaged me in a turning fight just off the coast in a Multiplayer server a month or so back. :music_whistling:

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

The first time I ever saw a jet, I shot it down.

— General Chuck Yeager, USAF, describing his first confrontation with a Me262.

Some much awesomeness passes through my head every time I hear that quote.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the street and then getting hit by an airplane."

Dogs of War Dedicated WWII Server Thread

There's nothing weird about prop v jet engagements in both WW2 and the Korean conflict. We just need a Hawker Sea Fury to make it a worthwhile prop - osition :) :) :)

I see what you did there! :D

F86 v P51 engagements can be rather interesting, that's for sure.