Engine Failures

The Blake

I LOVE dcs world and own all aircraft available and will continue to do so. One gripe I have with the game is with every aircraft it seems like either the engine is good and running or its dead. with exception of su-25 which will lose a little power when the engines are shot. But when they shut down they will not restart. I wish there was different ways the engines failed, either from over abuse or battle damage. I want to be able to nurse the engine back. I'm one of those guys who likes to see how much things can take and push everything to the limit. Please chime in if there's anyone else like me...

Yup, you'r absolutely right!!

ED could learn about engine failures by playing a little of Battle of Stalingrad!

The engine failures there are awesome...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Your eyes only see what your mind is ready to comprehend"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming - Intel I7-6700K - 16GB DDR4 @ 2400MHz HyperX Savage - Strix GTX 960 DC II 2GB OC Edition - Seagate 1TB

• 8 months later...

Engine Failures

+1 for this, cumulative enigine damage would be nice. It was in old janes F-15 sim so it wont be imposible for dcs.

:)

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are being slow strides taken towards it.

The Mi-8 and Mig-21 both feature engine degradation in game. I think they're in various states of early beta, but the '21 can certainly only be oversped a little bit before you risk breaking it, and I think it does reduce thrust the more you push it before it breaks.

Recently ED added the first pass of detonation effects to the prop birds, which is mostly noticable on the Bf-109 and Fw-190 if you slam the throttle forward but turn off the Mw-50. Trailing smoke and all that, and they will eventually seize.

The P-51D also had loss of engine oil from battle damage modelled a few patches ago from what I remember reading, which is supposed to lead to odd noises, loss of pressure and quick engine degredation, but sadly no visual effects yet.