DCS F-86F QUESTIONS

ApoNOOB

Not sure? Ask here!

Since the Sabre is all new&shiny and we are all noobs with many questions, let's start somewhere. Share your findings & new found (or old veteran) knowledge.

First question, it looks like I uncaged my missiles when I switched my "Gun, Missile selector switch" to "Missile". Is there a way to "cage" them again - or simply tune down the "sidewinder-growl"?

edit: tone volume doesn't seem to work for this.. :)

Second Questions: Do I need to select the fuel tanks somewhere for them to feed fuel?

Edited by ApoNOOB

ATC frequencies

The regular tower ATC frequencies are outside the frequency range for the F86's radio channels, right? How do I contact ATC then?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

The regular tower ATC frequencies are outside the frequency range for the F86's radio channels, right? How do I contact ATC then?

As stated in the change log, all airfields were assigned additional frequencies that are in range of the Sabre's radio (and others for the Dora). Click at an airfield in the mission editor to see the info.

As stated in the change log, all airfields were assigned additional frequencies that are in range of the Sabre's radio (and others for the Dora). Click at an airfield in the mission editor to see the info.

Thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

but can not for the life of me get the bombs to come off the rails

How are you attempting to drop bombs? Detail the steps so we can see if/where you're missing something.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Did you read the Quick Start Guide?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

radio compass not moving, ADF needle?

Hi,

The radio compass (lower left on the front instrument panel) does not move when I make turns, it always points in the same direction...? Is it not yet implemented yet, or is there a switch to turn in on (there is a switch labeled radio compass near the engine master switch, and it's on). Also, when I tune into an ADF beacon, I can hear its identifier, but I can't figure out where the ADF needle is. :helpsmilie:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I found these speed values with google but can someone confirm? And I did not find the loop entry speed for the F-86F either so if someone have the pilot manual?

MiG-15:

Loop entry at 380 knots

Max level speed 580 knots

Cruise speed at 450 knots

F-86F:

Loop entry at ??? knots

Max level speed 687 knots

Cruise speed at 540 knots

Is there a plan to add a B-29 bomber to simulate the Korea War?

TIA :)

There is a quick start guide?

"DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircrafts\F-86\Doc"

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

F-86F:

Loop entry at ??? knots

Max level speed 687 knots

Cruise speed at 540 knots

TIA :)

The F-86 is nowhere near that fast. Should be ~599 knots = 695 mph for our hard wing version. I'll take a look at the loop entry speed if I can find it in my documents, but it should be faster than the MiG's.

Hi,

The radio compass (lower left on the front instrument panel) does not move when I make turns, it always points in the same direction...? Is it not yet implemented yet, or is there a switch to turn in on (there is a switch labeled radio compass near the engine master switch, and it's on). Also, when I tune into an ADF beacon, I can hear its identifier, but I can't figure out where the ADF needle is. :helpsmilie:

The compass dial doesn't move by itself, but you have a knob for that next to it. It's common in older devices so I guess that's intentional. The needle will move when you tune in to an NDB in compass mode or you can rotate it manually in loop mode. The ADF seems to operate like I'd expect it to with one little quirk. It will work with either external power or... a bit of throttle. I'm guessing some generator needs to be providing power?

I'm getting a massive pull to the left. I'm not sure if it's because my joystick is buggy or because there's meant to be natural torque to the left?

I'm using a Logitech extreme 3d pro joystick too if that helps. I suspect my joystick axis is set up all wrong.

Anyone help?

Edited by nick10

the nose gear seems to work different from F-15C that once you turned left w/ pressing 'S' and 'Z', then if you wanna turn right, the AC still turned left when press both 'S' and 'X'.....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

I'm getting a massive pull to the left. I'm not sure if it's because my joystick is buggy or because there's meant to be natural torque to the left?

I'm using a Logitech extreme 3d pro joystick too if that helps. I suspect my joystick axis is set up all wrong.

Anyone help?

It's probably your stick. It might be broken? I have the same stick and no problems.

I noticed that when gear up, the head position will move down, while gear down for landing or just on the ground, the head position is higher

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

I noticed that when gear up, the head position will move down, while gear down for landing or just on the ground, the head position is higher

Yes you got different view angles (seat positions) for flying, bombing and gun. If im not mistaken you change between them with "D" :smartass:

Yes you got different view angles (seat positions) for flying, bombing and gun. If im not mistaken you change between them with "D" :smartass:

D changes the weapon mode for me (Missiles, Guns, Bombs). If you could give the name of the command in the controls menu I would be eternally grateful. I hate not being able to see my reticle.

D changes the weapon mode for me (Missiles, Guns, Bombs). If you could give the name of the command in the controls menu I would be eternally grateful. I hate not being able to see my reticle.

If it's the function of "D" you want to find...simply press "D" in the controls menu.

Select F-86 Real and also ALL.

http://www.masterarms.se A Swedish Combat Flight Simulator Community.

The F-86 is nowhere near that fast. Should be ~599 knots = 695 mph for our hard wing version. I'll take a look at the loop entry speed if I can find it in my documents, but it should be faster than the MiG's.

Yes I had it wrong, should be something like this:

MiG-15:

Loop entry at 380 knots (437 mph)

Max level speed 580 knots (667 mph)

Cruise speed at 450 knots (517 mph)

F-86F:

Loop entry at 380 knots? (437? mph)

Max level speed 596 knots (687 mph)

Cruise speed at 469 knots (540 mph)

Edited by HiJack