Even after updating to 1.2.9, F-86 installer says I am using old version....

Hook47

Even after updating I can't get the module to install because it says I am still using 1.2.8 :/

Would have preferred them to just wait until tomorrow if it would have meant releasing without so many annoying bugs

Even after updating I can't get the module to install because it says I am still using 1.2.8 :/

Would have preferred them to just wait until tomorrow if it would have meant releasing without so many annoying bugs

Hi Ramsey,

Are you trying to update DCS world or DCS world open beta. I am asking because when I tried to install F86 Sabre, it worked for DCS world, but not DCS world open beta (although I had updated both to version 1.2.9)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

I bought and downloaded the module, I launched DCS world and was promted to updated to 1.2.9. It downloaded and appeared to install correctly. I then tried to install the Sabre module, and that was my first sign of trouble... Installer said I was still on 1.2.8. I launched the game and the bottom right still says 1.2.8.27915, but there is a F-86 icon now... Wtf.... Also I have tried running the updater again (it just pops up for a second then dissappears), running repair, and even trying DOS commands. Extremely frustrated...

EDIT: also I've never messed with the beta stuff so I am assuming I am using the normal version.

I bought and downloaded the module, I launched DCS world and was promted to updated to 1.2.9. It downloaded and appeared to install correctly. I then tried to install the Sabre module, and that was my first sign of trouble... Installer said I was still on 1.2.8. I launched the game and the bottom right still says 1.2.8.27915, but there is a F-86 icon now... Wtf.... Also I have tried running the updater again (it just pops up for a second then dissappears), running repair, and even trying DOS commands. Extremely frustrated...

EDIT: also I've never messed with the beta stuff so I am assuming I am using the normal version.

Go to the In Game Module Manager and see if you can download it from there.

To run the module you need to have the 1.2.9 30604 version in your DCS World.

So if you installed the Sabre on top of 1.2.8 it is creating a problem now.

Check on the modlue manager if the F-86 is installed. If so, Unistall it using the basket symbol

Then close DCS restart it again and try a trpair and then an update.

Only when you have managed to upgrade your DCS World t0 1.2.9. 30604 try to install the module.

I recommend using the Module manager for downloading and installing the Module

Well none of that worked... This sucks...

I don't understand why a straightforward thing is being such a headache. I've never had this time of issue before and frankly I want to fly my 50.00 jet

Edited by Hook47

To run the module you need to have the 1.2.9 30604 version in your DCS World.

So if you installed the Sabre on top of 1.2.8 it is creating a problem now.

Check on the modlue manager if the F-86 is installed. If so, Unistall it using the basket symbol

Then close DCS restart it again and try a trpair and then an update.

Only when you have managed to upgrade your DCS World t0 1.2.9. 30604 try to install the module.

I recommend using the Module manager for downloading and installing the Module

problem is the very first thing I did was run the updater and allegedly updated to 1.2.9 but for some reason DCS world is acting like it never happened. . .

Try to revert to the previous 1.2.8 Open Beta Version, then force update to 1.2.9 Open Beta

So:

Type: dcs_updater.exe update <branch>:<version.subversion>

dcs_updater.exe update openbeta:1.2.8.27915

Then Delete the F-86F folder from the /Mods/ Folder if present.

Then

dcs_updater.exe update openbeta:1.2.9.30604

Then

Type: DCS_Updater.exe install <module>

DCS_Updater.exe install F-86F

(Note, I'm assuming the ID is F-86F, I am not at home so I cant confirm it., Logging into Module Manager once you have updated to v1.2.9 successfully should allow you to install from there too).

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Try to revert to the previous 1.2.8 Open Beta Version, then force update to 1.2.9 Open Beta

So:

Then

Then

(Note, I'm assuming the ID is F-86F, I am not at home so I cant confirm it., Logging into Module Manager once you have updated to v1.2.9 successfully should allow you to install from there too).

Type this where? The command prompt?

So:

Then

Then

Sweet jesus.... This didn't work either... Am I seriously the only one having this problem???

UGHHHH

I appreciate all the help so far but it's been to no avail as of yet...

I followed ALL those steps and the stinkin game is still showing 1.2.8 on the meno!!!! What in the heck is going on?

Edited by Hook47

something is stopping you from updating to 1.2.9 or you're launching the wrong shortcut

make sure you dont have any Virus Scanners or anything blocking the update process from running.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

something is stopping you from updating to 1.2.9.

make sure you dont have any Virus Scanners or anything blocking the update process from running.

I don't have anything running at all, brand new PC with a totally clean HD. And the 1.2.9 update is going through like everything is fine. ED and BST have jacked something up here, because this isn't working right...

I REALLY would prefer not to have to do a reinstall and waste key activations on this mess.

if it's listing 1.2.8 in the bottom right of your main menu, then it's not updating.

There should be an Update.Log somewhere, that might tell you what the issue is (I'm in office so I am not at my PC to check).

Hi,

The problem, .. as I see it, .. is that the F-86 installer is kinda crippled, .. in that, .. it will ONLY allow you to install in the DCS World folder, .. and not the DCS World Openbeta folder. You can't even point it to the DCS World Openbeta folder, .. as the installer keeps wanting to append \DCS World to it .. so you end up with \Eagle Dynamics\DCS World Openbeta\DCS World ...

My DCS World is sitting at Vers. 1.2.6 .. whereas my DCS World Openbeta is sitting at Vers. 1.2.9

What I did was rename my DCS World folder to something else, .. then renamed my DCS World Openbeta .. to DCS World.

The F-86 installed normally, .. and once it was completed, .. I renamed my folders back to the way they where.

.. make sense?

Try renaming your folders etc. etc. ...

Didn't have this kinda problem, .. when installing any other modules into the DCS World Openbeta folder

Cheers

Tom

Edited by Thomasew

He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win

Hi,

The problem, .. as I see it, .. is that the F-86 installer is kinda crippled, .. in that, .. it will ONLY allow you to install in the DCS World folder, .. and not the DCS World Openbeta folder. You can't even point it to the DCS World Openbeta folder, .. as the installer keeps wanting to append \DCS World to it .. so you end up with \Eagle Dynamics\DCS World Openbeta\DCS World ...

My DCS World is sitting at Vers. 1.2.6 .. whereas my DCS World Openbeta is sitting at Vers. 1.2.9

What I did was rename my DCS World folder to something else, .. then renamed my DCS World Openbeta .. to DCS World.

The F-86 installed normally, .. and once it was completed, .. I renamed my folders back to the way they where.

.. make sense?

Try renaming your folders etc. etc. ...

Didn't have this kinda problem, .. when installing any other modules into the DCS World Openbeta folder

Cheers

Tom

You dont need the installer, just use the Module Manager or Command Line.

/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World Open Beta/bin/DCS_Updater.exe install F-86F

Enter Key

Edited by SkateZilla

You dont need the installer, just use the Module Manager or Command Line.

/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World Open Beta/bin/DCS_Updater.exe install F-86F

Enter Key

I've never used any type of Beta DCS world, only normal versions. The problem seems to be that my game is just refusing to update. I'm not at home but when I get back I will look at the update log. Bummer all my flying time this afternoon was ate up with this...

• ED Team

Guys this will be easier to solve if you attach your logs

C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS\Logs

and your auto update log which can be found in your dcsworld directory

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Guys this will be easier to solve if you attach your logs

C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS\Logs

and your auto update log which can be found in your dcsworld directory

I actually have a steam installation, so I don't have an auto-updater. Is there a file or something which the .exe parses to verify a correct version, or anyway to bypass it?

• ED Team
I've never used any type of Beta DCS world, only normal versions. The problem seems to be that my game is just refusing to update. I'm not at home but when I get back I will look at the update log. Bummer all my flying time this afternoon was ate up with this...

Please, post your autoupdate.cfg from the game install dir.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

• ED Team
I actually have a steam installation, so I don't have an auto-updater. Is there a file or something which the .exe parses to verify a correct version, or anyway to bypass it?

Forcing our installers to work with Steam-based DCS is a wrong idea.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

Forcing our installers to work with Steam-based DCS is a wrong idea.

But I'm confused, the files which it uses are exactly the same. Perhaps their should be a disclaimer that the Steam and ED installations are incompatible, even if the games are the exact same version.

Perhaps their should be a disclaimer that the Steam and ED installations are incompatible, even if the games are the exact same version.

From the top of ED's E-shop page:

Notice: Keys purchased here can no longer be used to activate DCS products on Steam.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: