Can't slew the radar scan cone left or right

Clark

I have no problem using keys or axes to move the scan cone up and down, but neither keys nor axes are able to move it side to side. This is when I narrow the cone; either in RWS or TWS mode. It just stays centered. Even moving the designator cursor outside of the cone does not make the cone slew. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Clark

Moving the designator should definitely make the scan zone move. Try backing up the F-15 controls folder, then deleting it from the DCS folder, then setting it up again in the sim options. This will recreate it, hopefully properly.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

I fixed it by mapping TDC slew to the arrow keys instead of the mouse. Now the cone also slews when I bump against its edge.

So it looks like it's a bug. Cone won't slew when you drive the TDC using the mouse.

Thanks

Clark

Isn't there a key that moves the scan zone side to side. I haven't tested it, figured it didn't work on the F-15. It works on the Su-27

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

That feature is found in the axes mapping section. It was sweet to drive the TDC using the saitek x52 thumb stick. But then you hit that bug.

You can always set up the mouse stick in the SST software with bands and assign the slew keys to them. Many use it that way for the TGP slew in the A-10 and radar slew in the F-15.

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

Isn't there a key that moves the scan zone side to side. I haven't tested it, figured it didn't work on the F-15. It works on the Su-27

The option is there and I tried it but it doesn't seem to work. :(

You can always set up the mouse stick in the SST software with bands and assign the slew keys to them. Many use it that way for the TGP slew in the A-10 and radar slew in the F-15.

Thanks, I did just that!

• 3 months later...

This might be an older thread but I've been trying to get the left/right to work and its just not doing its thing. Up and down yes. I have it set and working on both the mouse and the Hat4 but neither will work left/right including the keyboard. Am I missing something?

Dale

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

• 1 year later...

sorry to bump and old thread, but thought i might as well use an existing one than start a new one.

im struggling with this also, the up/down works fine but left/right won't work, and yes it's all mapped correctly. works fine in SU

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

sorry to bump and old thread, but thought i might as well use an existing one than start a new one.

im struggling with this also, the up/down works fine but left/right won't work, and yes it's all mapped correctly. works fine in SU

The actual scan zone keys? left/right has no function.

Lord of Salt

The actual scan zone keys? left/right has no function.

really? are the key bindings from an old version or something? the reason i even wrote a post about but was because i was watching a youtube video with BVR strategy tips and the dude was making it go left and right in TWS mode

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

really? are the key bindings from an old version or something? the reason i even wrote a post about but was because i was watching a youtube video with BVR strategy tips and the dude was making it go left and right in TWS mode

He's moving the radar cursor, not the scan zone.

BTW, I use the "radar target range" or whatever command (the command that adjusts the expected range in the Flanker) on the same hat with my elevation control...That command adjusts the azimuth scan zone (TWS is 60 degrees, you can manually force 60 in RWS for faster updates).

Lord of Salt

He's moving the radar cursor, not the scan zone.

you're right :)

i watched it closely and, in TWS mode, when you slew the target designator it also moves the scan zone left/right. interesting.