Tutorial? - Any Tutorials On External Cameras for creating videos?

Hey guys,

some of you are creating some of the most stunning video footage of the DCS games. Thanks to your inspiration I wan´t to get into it as well and was wandering if there are any good tutorials on how to best use the external cameras to their greatest effect?

Anyone knows anything?:helpsmilie: Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Nume

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Check out my channel

Here is a great tutorial by Cato (Glowing Amraam) for movie making in general, and specifically dogfights

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=22099

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

• ED Team
Here is a great tutorial by Cato (Glowing Amraam) for movie making in general, and specifically dogfights

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=22099

Yes, just remember that some of the stuff written in there is very much outdated.

But the basic premise remains the same, regarding camera angles, etc...

Actually when I think about it, my own experience is way higher now than it was back then, so a brand new tutorial would be the ideal solution here. :P

• Like 1

I dont use fraps to record,

I use the mission editor and render to an AVI for Max Quality and no Dips, render at like 120+ FPS and convert to 30 for slow motion (well YT has 60Fps Ability now, so I'll try 240Hz and convert to 60 Hz).

Just have a Huge Scratch Disk, because they are gonna be huge files uncompressed, a twidge smaller using Lossless Video Codec, and still quite large using MJPEG Video Codec.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Yes, just remember that some of the stuff written in there is very much outdated.

But the basic premise remains the same, regarding camera angles, etc...

Actually when I think about it, my own experience is way higher now than it was back then, so a brand new tutorial would be the ideal solution here. :P

Hey Glowing,

thanks for being part of this thread, it certainly raises the level of expertise. :-) I read your first post from 2007 and sure learned a lot about the creative approach.

However, I would really like to find some up to date tutorials on the technical side of the video production, especially about external camera control in DCS and workflow outside of DCS.

It would be great if you had some new input for the community.

Right now, I myself use the track recording tool in DCS and then record the screen with Bandicam or Shadowplay to then further process the file with Handbrake and Final Cut Pro x.

However, I am not able to reproduce the camera angles that I see in your videos....I don't seem to find the right camera controls.

A little help would be much appreciated!

Best

Nume

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Check out my channel

The one thing I forgot how to do (or it wasnt possible)

is Setting a Static Aircraft on the Ground, and Setting Animation Positions (to control Flaps, Canopy open, etc).

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs