Question on how DCS handles modeling of AC components and systems

Skall

I don't know much about game development but the idea of building a system model intrigues me at a purely academic level. I assume DCS is like most game engines: fixed simulation steps with rendering phases occurring at the fastest rate the hardware can handle. When it comes to building a model, do components notify each other of state changes or do they poll each other instead?

For example, if power is supplied to the bus by a battery and the battery switch is turned off, do components connected to the bus poll the bus to see if the bus is still powered or does the bus notify connected components that power has been lost?

If DCS goes the polling route, is polling for state done at every simulation step or are different systems prioritized differently so that low priority components are updated less frequently than higher priority components?

If DCS goes the event route, are all system activities kicked off by events to reduce the amount of component querying/updating per simulation step?

Or is the engine a whole other animal altogether?

Any system have loop with its own modified dt interval.

And some interrupt or event like system init, click button/switch.

Any event can handle own code.

If you start learn system coding you'll understand everything.

Thanks, I understand where you are coming from. Just wanted to see what DCS's approach is as most game engines only have a handful of basic events since invoking and managing event handlers usually has a relatively large performance overhead. You can even see this on the ME where the number of events that can check for a trigger is relatively low. However the events help filter out the number of times a trigger is evaluated. It's a balancing act. Just curious of how much of a role events play in the various models that make up a DCS aircraft.