Can't wait to try this in game

Yep, old but still funny clip! :laugh:

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Irresponsible.

No matter how good the pilot is and how confident he was with what he was doing, he was endangering others. How much space was there probably left between propeller tips and the reporter's head, if he just had flown directy above him? I'd say 20 cm ... up to -20 cm.

Irresponsible.

No matter how good the pilot is and how confident he was with what he was doing, he was endangering others. How much space was there probably left between propeller tips and the reporter's head, if he just had flown directy above him? I'd say 20 cm ... up to -20 cm.

He pulled up at the last second. ;) That left the reporter about a half of his body height if he was standing.

Apparently they knew eachother well too.

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.

Irresponsible.

+1

Attache ta tuque avec d'la broche.

Blimey, you lads are a serious bunch. It's a great clip, no matter how many times I see it. Great flying too. I bet there was a bloody great Ford Transit van behind the camera too, so the pilot simply vaulted over it.

Irresponsible? Yeah, course it was, now hand me my yellow hard-hat and clipboard and a false moustache, so I can tick some boxes and make some notes of recommendation......

:)

All im going to comment on this is that I knew the pilot personally and there is no finer pilot of a Spitfire that I have ever seen before or since. Sadly it wouldnt be allowed nowdays and that is a great shame

The most capable pilot I have ever known

Pman

All im going to comment on this is that I knew the pilot personally and there is no finer pilot of a Spitfire that I have ever seen before or since. Sadly it wouldnt be allowed nowdays and that is a great shame

The most capable pilot I have ever known

Pman

I take it then that VEAO won't be shipping each module with a safety inspector :chair:

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

Wonderful clip, but such foul language!!

I have flown with a guy called Genady Gerazimov who could fly a Yak 52 inverted along a runway, and do a half roll to land it.

Irresponsible? Isn't that really down to the abilities of the pilot? Both these guys knew precisely what they were capable of. There is a huge difference between carefully honed skill, and irresponsibility.

Ray Hanna was simply the best, and he knew exactly what he was doing.

Sadly it wouldnt be allowed nowdays and that is a great shame

Indeed, nowadays this happens:

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

Yeah utter rubbish isn't it...

Pman

Definitely. I also "love" the reporter's description of events, like how he "managed to pull out". I'm willing to bet there was never a point where the Captain needed to "manage" to do anything.

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

No disrespect to anyone involved but it is irresponsible.

It's the same attitude that led to the famous USAF B52 and later C17 display crashes. The same attitude that led to that UK squaddie being killed by the C130 rear ramp... Is it cool to watch yes, because it came off, be a bit less cool if 3 people were dead...

Let's not forget the disastrous display in Germany where things went tragically wrong. The hard deck limits are there for a reason. Break them at your peril.

And there in lies the difference.

This wasn't an air show. The people there knew what was happening and were consenting adults.

End of liability discussion.

If it was during an air show then you have a point but it wasn't and this was a private event and well within the skill of the pilot and capability of the aircraft.

Pman

The video didn't state where and when the incident occurred, but he was clearly ordered to land by the authorities for breaching regulations. I expect it was at Farnborough?

Liability wasn't the issue as far as I am concerned.

The incident in Germany happened while complying with rules that were at that time in force I believe. That accident was the reason much tighter rules were later introduced.

I was at Leuchars in the late 80s when the Vulcan pilot got it badly wrong and came across the crowd line at low speed and a high angle of bank, we all had to turn round and look directly up to see the aircraft as the pilot pushed the throttles to the limit and recover. Yes it looked barely under control, and a little frightening for those of us that were under the aircraft. That was probably the loudest noise I have ever heard and the vibration was something else, it was like trying to stand on a washing machine on full spin with an out of balance load :) ... Thinking about it, the only other thing I remember being as loud was watching a formation take off of the Firebirds in the early 60s

It's a memory I still cherish, and I am glad nothing went wrong!

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron