DCS Bf 109K-4

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can see them on the screenshots, you just have to look really closely. For some reason they're not open on the ground, though.

There is nothing to open them i suppose. the real thing got sucked out by the airstream at high angles of attack, though you can move them very easily on the ground, too.. its basically a piece of formed metal, moving on rails.

http://www.kurfurst.org - The Messerschmitt Bf 109 Performance Resource Site

Vezérünk a bátorság, Kísérőnk a szerencse!

-Motto of the RHAF 101st 'Puma' Home Air Defense Fighter Regiment

The Answer to the Ultimate Question of the K-4, the Universe, and Everything: Powerloading 550 HP / ton, 1593 having been made up to 31th March 1945, 314 K-4s were being operated in frontline service on 31 January 1945.

There is nothing to open them i suppose. the real thing got sucked out by the airstream at high angles of attack, though you can move them very easily on the ground, too.. its basically a piece of formed metal, moving on rails.

Oh, I see.

But they're still there.

My skins/liveries for Fw 190 D-9 and Bf 109 K-4:

My blog or Forums.

Open for requests as well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How much longer??? :crazy:

south-park-s10e12c08-butters-freezes-cartman-16x9.jpg?

Where is the 109K-4???:hehe:

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

yeah its really strange that its supposed to be released within the next two weeks, and we dont even have a release date yet....this silence doesnt make any sense.

as they are that quiet about it, i have the bad feeling that its not going to be november...at that point i would rather have a release date, even if they may miss it by a few days, to have something to look forward to...however this total silence is annoying.

Edited by 9./JG27 DavidRed

Oh, I see.

But they're still there.

I very much hope so, LOL! :pilotfly:

Anyway, here is a picture I took of a leading edge slot of a G-6/14, it shows some details.

DSC_7214.thumb.JPG.4932fabdc9b0007af179fe790ad084a5.JPG

The Answer to the Ultimate Question of the K-4, the Universe, and Everything: Powerloading 550 HP / ton, 1593 having been made up to 31th March 1945, 314 K-4s were being operated in frontline service on 31 January 1945.

"LOAN"...? Its the one in Wiener Neustadt, Austria, an ex-G-14/AS from Bodenplatte and recently restored by some friends.

Quite an engine section there, if you ever wonder there, really rare things. Said to have been dozered into a hole next to the airfield in 1945, so they had to just dig them out and wash them down. :)

Edited by Kurfürst

Oh I see. That's a wonderful little airfield there too. And the buffet is great, too! :thumbup:

P.S. I have been in the inside. Just ask the old gentleman (Curator/Guide/Ticket seller, all in one as I understand! :D I hope he is all well, looked very old when I was there.. ) to let you in and open it up.

I did! :)

DSC_7185.thumb.JPG.b9cdda69c4e30691f92f2d5c92953505.JPG

Edited by Kurfürst

I posted some turn rate charts for the Pony and Dora from my C++ simulations a while back but now that the K4 is coming I thought it would be good to revisit this and look into what to expect. Note that I have assumed the same fuel load for all three aircraft in the simulation in order not to penalize the P-51 for it’s great internal fuel capacity.

Paradoxically, even with a lightly loaded Pony it looks like the K4 is still the turnfigther in this company. Usually we may not think of the Me109’s is this context but here it certainly looks like that. OTOH, the 1 Km altitude turnrate figure shows that the Dora and P-51 have a speed advantage, at least if we assume 75” boost for the P-51 (638 Km/h at 1 Km) so there should always be the option to disengage for the Pony. However, the simulations indicate that the 67” boost P-51 with 611 Km/h versus the 1.8 ata K4’s 607 Km/h at 1 Km will certainly be hard pressed down low.

So DCS P-51 drivers that have read historical pilot account’s of P-51’s outturning Me109’s on a regular basis and intend to use that in DCS better beware. At least that is my prediction: If DCS keeps in tradition and models the flight dynamics correctly then K4’s will outturn the P-51ingame.

OTOH maybe there are other opinions on this? What should we expect to see when the K4 is released? Which will be the better turnfighter? :smilewink:

1192174988_P51DFw190D9Me109K4stationaryturnratePAFPA49.JPG.fdb710ff5466e4a2ca188956444d217b.JPG

Old Crow ECM motto: Those who talk don't know and those who know don't talk........

http://www.crows.org/about/mission-a-history.html

Pilum aka Holtzauge

So DCS P-51 drivers that have read historical pilot account’s of P-51’s outturning Me109’s on a regular basis and intend to use that in DCS better beware. At least that is my prediction: If DCS keeps in tradition and models the flight dynamics correctly then K4’s will outturn the P-51ingame.

OTOH maybe there are other opinions on this? What should we expect to see when the K4 is released? Which will be the better turnfighter? :smilewink:

What doesn't outturn an unboosted G-6 with gunpods at 7000m?

Not referring to any pilot account here, but just shows how irrelevant they can be.

With that said, I will definitely be looking forward to the combat.

My skins/liveries for Fw 190 D-9 and Bf 109 K-4:

My blog or Forums.

Open for requests as well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What doesn't outturn an unboosted G-6 with gunpods at 7000m?.

A p-47..? :lol: Seriously, it might, given the power & altitude.

What doesn't outturn an unboosted G-6 with gunpods at 7000m?

Indeed, Luftwaffe higher-ups were the 109's worst enemy.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Man... I have a feeling that its not going to be a November release, it did say in the September newsletter that they were shooting for a November release...

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

November was only for beta afaik

I just bought some DVDs with old remastered documentations from the 70s and 80s with lots of interviews with actual Airforce and Luftwaffe pilots - one P51 pilot in particular said that he felt the Mustang was "probably 2% better than the BF109". Not an accurate assesssment by any means, but in general the consensus seemed that P51, FW190 and BF109 were pretty much on equal footing when in a dogfight.

Edited by Viersbovsky

Callsign "Lion"