KA-50 vs. UH-1H vs. Mi-8

H-var

KA-50 vs. UH-1H vs. Mi-8  

38 members have voted

1. 1. KA-50 vs. UH-1H vs. Mi-8

• It would be a FAIR fight
    • It would be an UNFAIR fight
    • It would be a FAIR fight, BUT with some additional conditions (please elaborate in the topic below)

Hello to all the enthusiasts, and all knowing people,

If to put KA-50 vs. UH-1H vs. Mi-8 against each other, with one condition - they can use cannon only, would it be a fair fight?

Please, tell what you think.

Edited by H-var

2. The DCS MOVIE information!

4. REAL UFO FOOTAGE

I don't trust anything that bleeds for five days, and doesn't die

government: gives me money because of coronavirus

me: spends all money on the missing DCS modules

government: ... you dumbo! We won't give you money anymore

me: It's ok. I don't need anything else - I now have the entire DCS collection

my cat: looking at the empty bowl for a while and goes back to sleep

me: it's hard times, Mig, suck it up!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If the Huey and Mi-8 were using forward guns only pretty fair. The AI gunners on the Huey's are snipers though so they throw a kink in the fairness. On the other hand the Hip is supposed to get door gunners too, so maybe then it will be fair. But what skill is there in letting each others door gunners murder you.

how about huey vs Mi-8, on your own opinion, crazyirish?

Huey wins due the flexible mounted miniguns and due to the general better agility. The Huey would just circle around the Hip and pump it full of lead while the Hip would not be able to get into a decent firing position.

If the Huey and Mi-8 were using forward guns only pretty fair. The AI gunners on the Huey's are snipers though so they throw a kink in the fairness. On the other hand the Hip is supposed to get door gunners too, so maybe then it will be fair. But what skill is there in letting each others door gunners murder you.

I reckon if the mi8 gets a good burst with its cannons before it descends into a turning fight the mi 8 will have a chance otherwise i think the huey would win.

NOT FAIR AT ALL :P

I did won a couple of dogfights with the Huey.. ... Against an A10-C flew by a friend.

The Huey can fire gatling in a 270° radius. Not the others. It has superior manoeuvrability and is PITA to destroy. It's a damn B17 with a rotor.

That is not fair at all....

I did won a couple of dogfights with the Huey.. ... Against an A10-C flew by a friend.

The Huey can fire gatling in a 270° radius. Not the others. It has superior manoeuvrability and is PITA to destroy. It's a damn B17 with a rotor.

Huey vs. Hip ... I agree.

But Huey vs. Blackshark? Never. The Ka-50 will just snipe the Huey pilot out of the cockpit at 2km distance ... :o)

Superior maneuvrability? Compared to the shark, it's a brick. And what good would be your 270° radius when explosive 30 mm shells dismember your antiquity from a distance? :p

The only chance for a huey vs a KA would be to close in unnoticed. There, the miniguns radius can make a difference.

Agreed. The KA-50 would murder both. And the Huey is so different from the Mi-8. It's way more agile, better sight for all crew members, and especially the flex and door guns would be a very big advantage over the Mi-8.

My vote for Ka-50 vs UH-1 was fair with considerations. Here are my considerations:

1. The huey could mount 20mm flex cannons and .50 cal door guns in lieu of miniguns (in order to counter the Shark's armor).
  2. The fight starts in close.

Then you would be fighting the maneuverable gunship with a limited travel cannon (Ka-50) vs the manually aimed, unarmored gunship with a 270 degree firing arc. If the Huey maneuvers properly, the Ka-50 will never get a Shkval lock and will have to take the cannon off AT in order to shoot.

I could picture this being played out in Star Fleet Battles. :lol:

My vote for Ka-50 vs UH-1 was fair with considerations. Here are my considerations:

1. The huey could mount 20mm flex cannons and .50 cal door guns in lieu of miniguns (in order to counter the Shark's armor).
  2. The fight starts in close.

Then you would be fighting the maneuverable gunship with a limited travel cannon (Ka-50) vs the manually aimed, unarmored gunship with a 270 degree firing arc. If the Huey maneuvers properly, the Ka-50 will never get a Shkval lock and will have to take the cannon off AT in order to shoot.

I could picture this being played out in Star Fleet Battles. :lol:

Afaik there is no such thing as a mountable 20mm flex cannon. Even the Cobra can only mount one(!) fixed cannon "pod".

But even if it were possible, the Ka-50 would play out it's speed advantage to get some distance to the Huey, turn around and ... snipe the Huey pilot again out of his cockpit. :o)

Easy win for Ka-50 once pilot has a lock on you with that .30 cal.

it's a 30mm, even deadlier :)

if any helicopter gets hit by one of these in the right spot, it's game over

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQpG2QxfCs9rWumpghbRADiPje6VpoPEpf74q9vplMKudAPjvib

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRsFyrZLEb7qdBuDcNUJcNYFoPP_JIu9ICaIghf6djNcukm9TcZ

Ka-50 would easily win. It has better armour, over double the engine power, it's faster, more manoeuvrable, and has optics and a HMD

Edited by Sceptre

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

Well the OP didn't consider the pilot's skill but as i have trouble against non-moving ground targets I expect any other chopper would find it quite easy to beat me!

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

Easy win for Ka-50 once pilot has a lock on you with that .30 cal.

Isn't it that .30 cal mean 3/10th of an inch not equal to 30mm cannon.

I am just saying because .50 cal is more powerful then .30 cal but it is not anyway near 30mm cannon. You can see the difference in the attached image.

That 30mm thing will blow Huey's tail away in one shot.

20mm-30mm-comparison-550x476.jpg.9783c05cbb6b9b7bc1088bb1df36baf5.jpg

Edited by combatace

9 bucks for one single bullet?!

I hate wars... Now, even more.

$65 a bullet for the Black Shark's integrated 2A42 cannon.

$65 * 800rds\min = you shooting out $52 000 per minute. Wow.. War is probably the stupidest thing people could ever come up with, yet it demands the brightest minds in order to exist.

Its even worse if you do your calculation for the GAU-8 (up to 4200rds/min). However.. still cheap compared to other weapons, e.g. a single AIM-120 which costs about 1'000'000$.

War has an unfair reputation. There is nothing wrong with going to war for a good cause. If I had to pick between war or Hitler I know which one I'd go with.

In any case, Ka-50 is probably going to have the advantage. I wonder how much terrain would matter though, if this was in a mountainous region or in a city with low altitude restrictions it might become more interesting.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

War has an unfair reputation. There is nothing wrong with going to war for a good cause. If I had to pick between war or Hitler I know which one I'd go with.

The thing with good causes is that they are highly subjective. Some cases are probably easier to decide than others - in hindsight at least. But I am pretty confident, that in every war every side thinks that they are the "good" ones and that only they fight for a just cause. Good or evil - it is always a matter of the perspective ...

In any case, Ka-50 is probably going to have the advantage. I wonder how much terrain would matter though, if this was in a mountainous region or in a city with low altitude restrictions it might become more interesting.

Fighting for a good cause is like f**king for virginity.

The thing with good causes is that they are highly subjective. Some cases are probably easier to decide than others - in hindsight at least. But I am pretty confident, that in every war every side thinks that they are the "good" ones and that only they fight for a just cause. Good or evil - it is always a matter of the perspective ...

That's only if nothing can be truly wrong. If something is truly wrong, like murder or theft, then good and evil is not just a perspective thing.

Fighting for a good cause is like f**king for virginity.

I'd say they're quite different, I don't see how the latter makes sense.

This could make for a good discussion, but I think it's in the wrong spot.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Afaik there is no such thing as a mountable 20mm flex cannon. Even the Cobra can only mount one(!) fixed cannon "pod".

But even if it were possible, the Ka-50 would play out it's speed advantage to get some distance to the Huey, turn around and ... snipe the Huey pilot again out of his cockpit. :o)

The J model (and later) cobras have a 20mm on the chin turret, but even with 2xfixed 20mm on the mounts you could have a fair fight under the right conditions.

The speed advantage isn't so great that the Ka-50 will be able to get to stand-off range before the Huey can bring weapons to bear. I still give the advantage to the Ka-50, but you could have a good fight if it started in close.