Is it possible to have the LAU-68 look like a LAU-131?

JayPee

Well, is it? Additionally, can the LAU-68 be renamed to LAU-131 within the DSMS and other systems? Reason is I'd like to have two optically similar LAU-131s which the jet sees as two distinct weapons/pods while they both carry the same type of rockets. This way it should theoretically be possible to single ripple fire (7) a full pod while keeping the other untouched as per the real jet/pod.

I've tried pointing the LAU-68 to the CLASS ID of the LAU-131 in the loadouts file, but then the game refuses to start, probably because it crashes upon seeing the same uniqe ID twice in the same file.

Edited by JayPee

i7 4790K: 4.8GHz, 1.328V (manual)

MSI GTX 970: 1,504MHz core, 1.250V, 8GHz memory

:huh:

Not sure if I'm missing what you're getting at, but what's wrong with just changing one of the pod types in the DSMS inventory? eg, if carrying 2x LAU-131, change one to a LAU-68 in the DSMS. The DSMS will then treat each as separate weapon types and you'll be able to select them individually and fire 7 rockets from a single pod.

The same technique can be used with Maverick to allow station stepping between IIR/CCD Mavericks with China aft short.

Spoiler

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme, Intel 9900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 3600Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, TM MFDs, MFG Crosswind, 2X Elgato Steamdeck, Everest Mountain Extreme, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE

You're not missing the point. I know about the DSMS workaround for the MAVs, never thought of that trick for pods tho. Going to test it. I take it you've tried it?

Btw, what does POD SET SINGLE / POD SET DOUBLE mean in the inventory?

OK, tested and the workaround does its magic. The profile shows up twice when cycling with DMS though but at least it fires 7 out of one pod per burst instead of 4 out of the left pod and 3 out of the right pod.

Edited by JayPee

I take it you've tried it?

Naa, I never use all these little tricks and techniques I've got in my head and mention on forums. ;)

Spoiler

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme, Intel 9900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 3600Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, TM MFDs, MFG Crosswind, 2X Elgato Steamdeck, Everest Mountain Extreme, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE

Naa, I never use all these little tricks and techniques I've got in my head and mention on forums. ;)
You're not getting smart are you? ;)

Thanks for the tip!