Kh25MPU msiiles inaccurate in CAS Medium Instant Action mission?

ozTRipwiRE

Hi,

I have been getting into flying the Su25T quite a bit and have been having a problem with the Kh25MPU missiles in the Instant Action mission ‘Close Air Support Medium Difficulty’. Although the SEAD mssiles worked fine in the ‘SAM Killer’ Instant Action mission that I finished just previously (I did not update my DCS World version in between) almost every time that I target the anti-air units that show up on the HUD as diamonds when using the Kh25MPU missiles to target radar guided weapons my Kh25MPU missiles miss in this mission. They usually hit behind the target and do not kill it. I read that it can lead to inaccuracies with these weapons if I don’t have the center of the targeting reticule directly over the target when locking it up so I experimented with that and put the dot of the targeting box directly over the target and still the 25MPU missiles missed (this was not in the gameplay I recorded and attached to this post). I read as well that they are inaccurate in reality but so far I have not missed at all in the 'SAM Killer' mission (using this missile) but can’t seem to get a proper hit at all in this Close Air Support Instant Action mission. I did hit one of the targets one time by flying very low but this still only disabled the target and did not kill it. It still kept shooting at me. I have attached a track to this post and really would appreciate it if someone could tell me what I am doing wrong and how to fix this if it is a bug.

Using DCS World version 1.2.8.27203.

Thanks,

ozTRipwiRE

My specs are: Intel Core i7-4770 CPU @3.40GHz LGA 1150, 8GB Corsair DDR3 1600MHz RAM, 64 bit operating system, Leadtek GTX 660TI PCI-E 2GB 192-bit DDR5 graphics card, Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 4xDDR3 motherboard. My sound card is a 256MB RAM 3-core MDX Intel ® Display Audio, NVIDIA High Definition Audio and Realtek High Definition Audio.

Example of SEAD missiles missing target.trk

Anti radiation missiles currently miss moving targets. It's been known for a while but I couldn't tell you if it's been reported.

If this is realistic or not I don't know, they should home in on the emissions, against a ship it shouldn't be an issue in rl but against a Gepard is a different ball game. The KH-58 for example is supposed to have a 80% chance to hit within 20m, that's a wide margin for a small moving target.

Edited by Frostie

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org