DCS: MiG-21 Screenshots

Cobra847

Can't believe we can use Nukes. Christ that's going to be insane. In your face A-10 drivers... we have a bigger bomb than you!

I will mod the shit out of it and tie that thing under my Mi-8! THAT will take CAS to a whole new level!!11

"release in pairs" *drool*

Nukes and radar guided AT missiles? I won't need to fly the A-10 ever again, looks like we're getting the perfect multi-role jet :D

Sounds more and more like this plane will be immensely fun to fly, yes. "Perfect", though, might still be different. Yes, I say it here and now: I HATE THE COCKPIT COLOR! :o)

(but that does not only apply to the MiG-21, but for all eastern aircrafts ...)

A 10 kt nuclear bomb has a total destruction range about 1 mile and 6 miles of partial destruction from debris. ( obviously thee radiation is another thing).

A 1 kt nuclear bomb is only 1/10 of this destruction range so in terms of pure destruction they are not so apocalyptic. Again radiation effects apart.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Can't believe we can use Nukes. Christ that's going to be insane. In your face A-10 drivers... we have a bigger bomb than you!

its not the first flying sim game that used nukes...

Who can name that game/sim for its time..:pilotfly:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

I can haz nukes!?!? *brain meltdown*

"I would have written a shorter post, but I did not have the time."

Probably not what you have in mind here, but I remember one campaign in Arma2 where you flew an Apache. After sneaking in, going for the main objective, one mission suddenly ended with a nuke going off in some distance. You managed to survive the resulting crash landing and then you had to head back to the coast, to get back to your people.

The effect of the nuke was not hollywood-like, but quite impressive. The lighting/twillight during the remaining mission was very ... fitting.

Playing this small campaign/missions left me quite disturbed - a rare occurence for me when I play games. Perhaps not as much as after watching "The Day After", but still ... hefty stuff.

edit: found a small vid of that campaign: "End of the World"

Edited by Flagrum

A-10 fans can jump in and play right now, while we still hang on the words and confusion of the developers.

This is a Pyrrhic victory. :music_whistling:

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

LS Team your bird looks amazing. Thanks for keeping the DCS community in the loop. Looking forward to flying her. Added a little video to wet everyone's appetite :D

Looks like it could have been a very cool video, but the music meant I couldn't watch more than 30 seconds of it. Excruciating. :(

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Yes. Player faction in the Campaign.

Fiction faction, huh? Interesting! Paint scheme reminds of a CF-18, having several tones of dull gray with a fake canopy on the bottom of all that.

I noticed it's carrying a nuke. Are we going to be dropping a nuke in the campaign? I'm okay with the idea of that, but I'm more curious about how such an action will be justified and how the decision to use weapons of mass destruction will be represented. This must be a very high intensity and high stakes conflict. I'd like to be able to role play a bit, and not have the campaign just stop if I disobey orders and refuse to drop the nuke, even if it means running away or being jailed for life.

Awesome!

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

You must be old :D

("Shoot to Thrill")

Nah. I just have better taste in music. :D

I genuinely cannot think of a single band I hate more than ACDC.

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Pictures look just amazing!!! So many details and I love the shot on the airfield with Mig taxiing.

Thanks.

BTW: I don't know, who created these textures, but he is a fu*king ACE! :-)

Edited by Rabbit_

F22 Lightning 3 had huge nukes. I used to love that game!

Screenshots look great, the plane is gorgeous. Hopefully the weather and clouds will get an update though

PC spec: i9 9900KS @ 5.1ghz, 32GB RAM, 2 TB NVME M2, RTX 3090

Peripherals: TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, Rift S, Custom UFC

F22 Lightning 3 had huge nukes. I used to love that game!

Screenshots look great, the plane is gorgeous. Hopefully the weather and clouds will get an update though

yeep and Steam has it.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Here are some screenshots taken by testers with the MiG-21 in EDGE. :)

We'll be posting some more soon, with updated Speculars and Normals tweaked for EDGE.

Enjoy!

Hi, Cobra.

Great screens!

But why you choose such strange font for digits at russian skin? This style very unusual for Soviet VVS.

There was a special font and special rules for painting numbers and stars. Font was specially developed for easy stencil making and fixing it on aircraft.

Look, what I have.

If interesting, i can make scan of all this document "Instruction of marking Soviet Army Airforce aircrafts, est. 20 june 1974"

soviet digits.pdf

Hornet 3.0 :-) You had that "small radius" nukes to wipe the whole airfield. Very nice not-textured vector explosions. ;-)

Hi, Cobra.

Great screens!

But why you choose such strange font for digits at russian skin? This style very unusual for Soviet VVS.

There was a special font and special rules for painting numbers and stars. Font was specially developed for easy stencil making and fixing it on aircraft.

Look, what I have.

If interesting, i can make scan of all this document "Instruction of marking Soviet Army Airforce aircrafts, est. 20 june 1974"

I think it's not a big deal. For example....Mig-21s stationed in Line airbase in Czech Republic had almost identical markings. To be honest, I tried to find a single picture of Mig-21 with that type of font You have posted and with no result. Maybe it varied, depending on the country.