DCS: MiG-21 Screenshots

Cobra847

In real life the MiG-21bis has a top speed around Mach 2.05 AFAIK, and if the Leatherneck guys are as precise with the performance data as they are with the looks it should be the same in DCSW.

Results may vary because of fuel load, weapons and such things though.

EDIT: I think they haven't told us about the pricing yet, at least I can't remember, but I'd expect something around 50-60 Dollars.

Any chance we could get a few videos coming up on the mig-21.

Not to sound like a nagger but its been a while, and I really wanna see those A-2-G missiles in action :)

Yes, we have some in the works. We're currently fixing some critical bugs that cropped up recently -- as soon as those are wrapped I'll focus on getting some videos out the door.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Cobra, a little off topic but you were talking about the memory req's for the MiG. I know you probably still have some optimising to do but what's the recommended GPU RAM for this beast? I'm a little concerned my humble GTX460 won't cut the mustard.

I was excited when the forums went down for a few hours just now, was hoping for the MiG but nvm :D

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

I was excited when the forums went down for a few hours just now, was hoping for the MiG but nvm :D

Lol I was thinking the same thing. But then reality struck me :megalol:

This talk of bugs reminds me, It's been some time since the last dev update. I wonder what's going on :)

Wanna see my latest DCS: World movie?

Follow this link!

My YouTube channel- https://www.youtube.com/user/Gargoyle792nd

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just took a formation flight in a Flanker surrounded by 4 AI MiG-21s... it was beautiful watching them start up and taxi past and then we all joined up. So much detail even in the AI model. What a great flight! I look forward soon to the day where I can be up there in a -21 :-) I've been without my beloved MiG-21 since Flight Simulator 2004, and even then it was a -21UM Mongol B. Such a stellar job modeling this bird - and the jets even leave smoke the right color!

i7-8086K, ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, G Skill TridentZ 64 GB DDR4 3733, Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme RTX 2080Ti

Cobra, a little off topic but you were talking about the memory req's for the MiG. I know you probably still have some optimising to do but what's the recommended GPU RAM for this beast? I'm a little concerned my humble GTX460 won't cut the mustard.

said many times dcs is cpu intense mainly atm , not until edge is launched we can utilize gpu technology more. old rule of thumb more ram the better. min I would say for dcs is around 6 to 8 gig ram.

anything higher than 800 mb to a gig ram on video card is minimum I would say.

Edited by diveplane

Christ, and here I am thinking about putting my DCS money towards another game... Then I come here, and see this stuff, and think that knowing my luck the game's gonna come out a day after I spend it elsewhere. Its either this or the Sabre. What to do, what to do...

This post is protected by a pilot who has a serious lack of negotiating skills, but is absolute hell in a dogfight. If you do not belong here, please leave.

You have now been properly negotiated with.

MiG-29S Instant Action Mission Fix

Come check out and add to my list of all landmarks in DCS World!

^that works now

Christ, and here I am thinking about putting my DCS money towards another game... Then I come here, and see this stuff, and think that knowing my luck the game's gonna come out a day after I spend it elsewhere. Its either this or the Sabre. What to do, what to do...

Make more money:)

Go for the MiG, it has a radar and is more complex in general. I already have the F-86 and my opinion is, that it doesn't have much to offer

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Waiting to build a F/A-18C home-pit...

ex - Swiss Air Force Pilatus PC-21 Ground Crew

SFM? AFM? EFM?? What's this?

i7-5960X (8 core @3.00GHz)¦32GB DDR4 RAM¦Asus X99-WS/IPMI¦2x GTX970 4GB SLI¦Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSD¦TrackIR 5 Pro¦TM Warthog¦MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

said many times dcs is cpu intense mainly atm , not until edge is launched we can utilize gpu technology more. old rule of thumb more ram the better. min I would say for dcs is around 6 to 8 gig ram.

anything higher than 800 mb to a gig ram on video card is minimum I would say.

It would be great to know before Edge is released for all those who are going to do upgrades and a clean build.

I'm specifically holding back on upgrading the GPU but also don't want to spend anymore than I really need to so knowing the sweet spot for GPU would be hugely beneficial.

I wonder if 16 or 32GB memory will make much of a difference with Edge.

One thing for sure, 2014 is a great year for DCS!

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908