Can't Alt+Tab

doveman

I'm sure this was working last time I tried. Still using 1.27 but whether in Fullscreen or Windowed, Alt+Tab doesn't work anymore (in the launcher menus, haven't tried from the cockpit) which is a pain, as I often need to alt-tab to tweak other software that I use with DCS.

Just tried with 1.2.8 on Steam in case it was a mod I have installed with 1.27 but it doesn't work with that either.

Is it just me or is it not working for anyone anymore?

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

Happens to me sometimes as well, but only rarely. Usually the DCS screen seems not to have the input focus and after clicking somewhere with the mouse, it works again. (which IS a bit strange as ALT+TAB is a windows thing and a program should not even be able to mess with it, but ... )

To me it seems, as if this happens more often if I ALT+TAB while DCS is loading (ME -> mission, mission -> debriefing).

But as I said, it is only seldomly happening and thus I haven't really considered as an real issue, yet.

Hmm, seems to be something different here then as it isn't working at all for me, not straight after loading and not after clicking. I'll have to try shutting down some stuff to see if MSI Afterburner or anything else is causing it.

EDIT: lol, that was a lucky guess. With MSI Afterburner/RivaTunerStatisticsServer shutdown, Alt+Tab works normally again in DCS. I can't see any options in Afterburner that might cause this and RivaTunerSS currently has 'Show OSD' set Off. It did update the other day, so I guess something in the update is behind this.

Edited by doveman

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

For me anytime I launch DCS if I want to be able to alt-tab I have to click away from DCS to bring something else to the front while its loading from the initial splash (the image of the HUD on a sky). If I don't task switching doesn't bring any other window to the front and DCS remains on top. If I do the above when DCS loads, either single missions or when launching the Multiplayer client, I can task switch.

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.