Can't get the UPK-23-250 to fire

Dave317

It works, isnt a bug...

Just turn on here too (example "V"):

th_Nowy-1_zps76b8adee.jpg

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

The procedure for firing the 23mm guns are excactly the same as for the rockets. Except you got to set the switch from the first picture of "F-18hornet" to the up position. And don't forget to set your gunsight on the red mark for maximum precision with guns. For rockets, I always set it at 70.

Happy Flying! :pilotfly:

And don't forget to set your gunsight on the red mark for maximum precision with guns. For rockets, I always set it at 70.

Hi can you expand on this, I feel I may have missed something:)

• Thanks 1

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi can you expand on this, I feel I may have missed something:)

I can and I will. These gunsight settings are a combination of some other hints found online and out of my own experience. Sorry for the late reply, I don't check this forum daily.

The trajectory of the guns in DCS seems to be pretty straight with little or no 'scatter' or ballistic drop. I read somewhere that the red mark on the gunsight is an indication for the point exactly straight in front of the helicopter. I tried this setting and it is spot on. This only works for the 23mm and the 12.7mm/7.62mm gunpods. Not the 30mm grenade launcher wich throws its grenades in a ballistic trajectory wich is not unlike a Howitzer and impossible to aim. It is quite a useless load-out in this sim.

Screen_140713_120917_zps9a5f85d5.jpg

The rockets are a bit diffrent. They seem to shoot out straight of the pods but the motor only burns for a short period When the rocket has spend its fuel after a few seconds, you can see a very noticeable 'drop' in its flight trajectory. With some experimentation, I determined that the best setting for the rockets is to set the gunsight on "7,75". Provided you fire the rockets from a relative short distance, flying over the target, pointing the nose down. (I'm sorry for the typing error in the picture. It should read 7,75, not 7) Note, it is set on the last big mark before the "8" mark.

Screen_140713_120936_zps6bf39630.jpg

This setting makes my rockets hit most of the times. Of course, the greater distance between the target and the firing of the rockets, the more scatter and ballistic 'drop'. I like the 23mm guns the best. Heavy shells will destroy medium armored targets and it is very precise. But letting loose a stream of rockets like some aerial Katyusha rocket launcher is way more cool! :pilotfly:

• Thanks 1

Happy Flying! :pilotfly: