Multiplayer problem

_Hoss

I'm having major problems connecting to multiplayer, it keeps giving me a "failed to connect to Master" when I hit connect. I'm logged into DCS and the user name and pw are the same on the multiplayer log in... I made sure there is an exclusion in my antivirus for the game launcher and multiplayer launcher exe's. It's been awhile since I tried to go online, I have the latest version on DCS World installed as of today. Any ideas?.............. would really like to get on and fly the P-51 and A-10 again.

HELP!......................

Hoss

Sempre Fortis

If it's a problem for more than just you and I, there would of been a wide spread panic and they would of looked into it. So I guess either no one is online anymore or it's only happening to a very select few people.

That being said does anyone know the direct connect IP to some of the good P-51 servers?................

I will try to see if I can connect that way.

Thanks for the reply

Hoss

Sempre Fortis

I'm having major problems connecting to multiplayer, it keeps giving me a "failed to connect to Master" when I hit connect. I'm logged into DCS and the user name and pw are the same on the multiplayer log in... I made sure there is an exclusion in my antivirus for the game launcher and multiplayer launcher exe's. It's been awhile since I tried to go online, I have the latest version on DCS World installed as of today. Any ideas?.............. would really like to get on and fly the P-51 and A-10 again.

HELP!......................

Hoss

Do you have BitDefender internet security?

I do and I often get the "failed to connect to Master" message. If I temporarily disable the firewall to get to the server list screen and then reenable the firewall everything works ok. Maybe it's similar for whatever internet security you have.

Edited by kontiuka

There are quite a few people experiencing outages, actually- just because they're not all jumping up and down burning the world to the ground doesn't mean anything.

LOL, if I were doing that I'd change my user name to Nero and break out my fiddle....................

I do have Bit Defender anti virus, but I have added exceptions in the anti-virus and Firewall for all my games and Multiplayer exe's. This is the only one I can't get to work, I have turned off anti-virus and firewall and no luck. I was hoping I could get someone to share the IP's to a A-10C or P-51 server to see if I could connect to an IP.

Is there an IP and port for the Master Server?.....................

I'll keep trying.

Cheers

Hoss

Edited by BeoWolf_57

Sempre Fortis

LOL, if I were doing that I'd change my user name to Nero and break out my fiddle....................

I do have Bit Defender anti virus, but I have added exceptions in the anti-virus and Firewall for all my games and Multiplayer exe's. This is the only one I can't get to work, I have turned off anti-virus and firewall and no luck. I was hoping I could get someone to share the IP's to a A-10C or P-51 server to see if I could connect to an IP.

Is there an IP and port for the Master Server?.....................

I'll keep trying.

Cheers

Hoss

Just for kicks, try turning off the firewall and restarting your computer.

Beo- my comment wasn't really pointed at you specifically as much as just commenting on how others get pretty excited when things don't work and in their absence it doesn't mean there isn't still a problem ;)

Anyway-

Turning things off now may be slamming the gate after the horse runs out... it MAY work- but you might want to add one more step to it to be sure.

In reviewing the issue with Bit Defender, it looked like it was blocking some files during the install / update process so you may have missing files. Of course, if you tried to repair or reinstall or rename- while BD was still on- it's probably still just blocking the same files.

So on a two pronged assault... do as Kontiuka says... turn off BD, cycle your computer (with BD staying off), THEN run a repair. Before you repair you may consider possibly renaming the saved games / DCS folder to DCS1.

Repair and check again. Once it's installed and working properly we can try working BD back into the mix.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

I'm in the same boat: It's been months since I've been able to connect (even with BD whitelist entries). If I disable Bit Defender to do the repair, doesn't that leave my computer open to a network attack? I've heard that it doesn't take very long for bad things to happen.

Salut!

You should make this thread a sticky, because that worked like a charm... turned it off, rebooted, did the DCS repair, tried multiplayer, it connected to Master in about 10sec, got out, turned back on the FW and it still connects and joins a game.....

Thanks Eno, I was about to wipe the game to save space........... now I can enjoy the Pony with the group and all the other WWII stuff when it comes out

AG-51 Hoss

Sempre Fortis

You should make this thread a sticky, because that worked like a charm... turned it off, rebooted, did the DCS repair, tried multiplayer, it connected to Master in about 10sec, got out, turned back on the FW and it still connects and joins a game.....

Thanks Eno, I was about to wipe the game to save space........... now I can enjoy the Pony with the group and all the other WWII stuff when it comes out

AG-51 Hoss

Unfortunately, it's not a silver bullet. You may find that you can connect to the server list for a short while with the firewall on but eventually you won't be able to. I can turn my firewall off and get to the server list without restarting my computer. Then, once I'm at the server list, I turn the firewall back on.