Is this a good touch monitor for dcs a-10c+Helios?

i am considering getting a 23" monitor to use for dcs a-10c with helios and if anyone knows alot about them could u tell me if this one is fast and responsive and wont have too much delay because i will be having my mfcds on it so don't really want much delay and if it works for windows 7 because thats what im on atm.

monitor: http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/hewlett-packard-hp-pavilion-23-led-touchscreen-monitor-23tm-23tm/10272233.aspx?path=253f2936cf834252372fb7b77008bc6den02

im just not good at finding out this kind of stuff and don't wanna buy it and it not work well thanks to anyone who can help.

im looking to have it setup like this guys but only 1 main 27" monitor for now with the 23" touch below it:

so the info i basically need is:

1. is it a good responsive monitor and good for dcs a-10c with helios

2. does it work on windows 7

3. does using helios have a big effect on framerate? here are my specs and i am on mainly medium settings right now with some set to high

SPECS: intel i7 3770 3.40GHz

gtx 660 1gb

8gb ram

windows 7

64-bit

1tb HDD

and i use g27 as rudder pedals with 27" main display and hotas warthog with track ir 5

You should be fine, with one exception. That 660 is a bit light in VRAM to handle both displays.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

You should be fine, with one exception. That 660 is a bit light in VRAM to handle both displays.

Wod I be able to handle both displays if I turned down some settings? If so what settings could I turn down to be able to handle both displays because I have an Alienware x51 so idk if I can fit a bigger graphics card in the case let alone afford a new one

• 2 weeks later...

I ran a two display setup with the lower monitor running Helios on a touchscreen. At the time I had a GTX680. It was barely ok. I put in a 780 and it ran well although I still had some settings turned low or off. Distance view, water, HDR are still set low even with the 780. It's amazing how easily DCS can bring a powerfully graphics card to its knees. Not that the GTX780 is That powerful.

Also beware that Helios can cause its own issues. I was getting extreme lag between DCS and Helios to the point it was almost unplayable. Don't know how or why. Then one day it stopped on its own. Now I get stuttering. When Helios is turned off...no more stutter. Go figure:huh:

I think it's very much machine dependent. Try it and see how it runs.

You won't be disappointed with the touchscreen though. It really is great technology.:)

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

My Cockpit Build Pictures...

John Wall

My Arduino Sketches ... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Dc0Wd9C5l3uY-cPj1iQD3iAEHY6EuHg?usp=sharing

WIN 10 Pro, i8-8700k @ 5.0ghz, ASUS Maximus x Code, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram,

AIO Water Cooler, M.2 512GB NVMe,

500gb SSD, EVGA GTX 1080 ti (11gb), Sony 65” 4K Display

VPC MongoosT-50, TM Warthog Throttle, TRK IR 5.0, Slaw Viper Pedals

I ran a two display setup with the lower monitor running Helios on a touchscreen. At the time I had a GTX680. It was barely ok. I put in a 780 and it ran well although I still had some settings turned low or off. Distance view, water, HDR are still set low even with the 780. It's amazing how easily DCS can bring a powerfully graphics card to its knees. Not that the GTX780 is That powerful.

Also beware that Helios can cause its own issues. I was getting extreme lag between DCS and Helios to the point it was almost unplayable. Don't know how or why. Then one day it stopped on its own. Now I get stuttering. When Helios is turned off...no more stutter. Go figure:huh:

I think it's very much machine dependent. Try it and see how it runs.

You won't be disappointed with the touchscreen though. It really is great technology.:)

The GTX780 isn't powerful?? Am I completely out of the loop on graphics cards? I thought the 780 was pretty high end equipment.

Win 10 64bit; 32 GB DDR4 3200 Ram; ASUS MoBo; 1TB SSD;Intel i7 8700K; GTX 1080ti 11GB; Thrustmaster Warthog;Odyssey + VR

May want to consider a smaller touchscreen and upgrade your video card? Or if you have a monitor just sitting around collecting dust, use it with one of the monitor touchscreen converters. Maybe make a powerglove? I will google and put up links when I get the chance. Hopefully this afternoon

Asrock z68 Extreme4Gen3

Intel i5-2500K

8GB ram

EVGA GTX 770 4GB

Creative Recon3d Fatality Champion

HDD's

320 GB Maxtor 7200RPM (OS and misc system files)

1 TB Hitachi 7200 RPM (games and music, storage)

64 GB Sandisk u100 SSD (Star Wars and DCS world 1.2.7)

Trackir 4

Saitek X65F:joystick:

Saitek X52 (Use flightstick for helo and WWII Sims, but X65 throttle)

CH Pro pedals

Thrustmaster MFD's

Logitech X5500 Speakers

Sennheiser PC360 Headphones

Win 7 Home Premium (64 Bit)

If you can't run two 1080p screens with a 780 then you need to seriously look at what else is going on with your machine.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

If you can't run two 1080p screens with a 780 then you need to seriously look at what else is going on with your machine.

Wow, yea, I should think!

I have an nVidia 760. I run 1080P to a 27" and then a 1280x1024 touchscreen (with Helios) right next to it. With SweetFX tweaked well and in-game AA at 4x I average 40fps. My ghetto rig: http://imgur.com/a/Vcz5G.

Might want to look into disabling all antialiasing using your GFX card's interface. Set it to "Let the application decide." Then set your AA in-game. I found a nice improvement doing that. (source:

)

PC Specs

• Intel i5-4670k@ 4.5Ghz
  • 16GB of Corsair what difference does it make RAM
  • nVidia EVGA GTX 760
  • Couple SSD's and a couple mechanical drives
  • 27" Acer LCD Monitor (1920 x 1080)
  • 19" ELO Touchscreen (1280 x 1024)
  • :joystick: Saitek X-52
  • :joystick: Saitek Rudder Pedals
  • TrackIR 5 + TrackClip Pro
  • Helios running custom profile for A10C based on Loz's profile.

Hi

anyone tried this yet?

http://www.magictouch.com/KTMT-1700.html

Would this make the setting up easier?

Am using 3x 22" monitors with AMD eyefinity and would like NOT to use an

extra monitor <for touch>

ideas anyone?

Edited by protea1

AMD FX-8350

PALLIT GeForce GTX 1080 [ NVIDIA]

CRUCIAL MX500 1TB SDD

DELL P4317Q 43"

TRACK IR

Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Viacom VoiceAttack

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have a Planer 22" that works very well. It's not a Windows8 (has a raised bezel) monitor so it can be had fairly cheap. I bought mine for $225 new on Amazon. The money you save can be put towards a video card.

Just checked and there's one on ebay for $150 and free shipping. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Planar-PX2230MW-22-Touch-Screen-Widescreen-LCD-Monitor-w-Speakers-1920x1080-/251579869275?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item3a9354285b

Edited by Thick8

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground