Thrustmaster hotas warthog questions

T0x1s

Hello

So i am thinking of the thrustmaster hotas warthog and have some questions :)

1. Do i need to manually assign the buttons/axis in the options or will that go automatically?

2. How is this joystick working with the huey/mi 8?

3. Is it really made of metal? :D

Thanks.

Hi there,

I have had the Thrustmaster Warthog for about 2 years now. I have to say it is the best joystick/throttle I have ever owned. To answer your questions:

1: No, DCS automatically assigns the buttons and switches along with the axis commands. It's an official DCS joystick

2: The joystick works great with the huey and Mi-8 (I have both, works like a charm) Since the package comes withought any way to rudder, I have assigned a friction increase wheel that is located next to the throttle as my rudder. I honestly prefer it rather than actual pedals. Works Great!

3: It is all solid steel (excluding a few HEAVY DUTY plastic parts.) In fact, it comes with you very own member number plate (kind of like dog tags) that is bolted to the bottom of your throttle! Very neat :D

I highly suggest getting this set up. Has never let you down and will last a lifetime!

Btw i'm new to the forums, I hope you find this post to be helpfull!

-Gargoyle

Wanna see my latest DCS: World movie?

Follow this link!

My YouTube channel- https://www.youtube.com/user/Gargoyle792nd

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Automatic assignment of buttons is only for the A-10C and there are still things that will have to be changed manually.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Thats true, forgot to mention that!

Also, the throttle grips are not made of metal. ;)

Still it is the best commercially produced stick available.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: