Classic aircraft.

I know this is a silly thread but..the only reason why I still boot up FSX (or LM whatever) is to fly the old 1960s jets...F4, F105, Skyhawk, V bombers, Gnat, Crusader, Voodoo, Super saber, F102 delta dart, English electric lightning, Buccaneer .....ho hum. Is it not possible for less emphasis on supa dupa detail and just good modelling etc for the not so fussy wussy player but have these aircraft ported into DCS ??

I would save me having to boot up FSX ;-) !! Call it something like 'simple air frame series for FSX simple people'

Just a thought

Mizzy

The F4 (one of my favorite jets) in XPlane is pure dog crap! No functionality in the cockpit at all, rudders and elevators just waive around like flags on a windy day. They do have a somewhat decent F105 you can download. Their Saber is total garbage (even the payware one I purchased from them). After getting into DCS, I never fly XPlane any more. Looks too vague, and the AC pale in comparison to DCS. Even their best AC have holes in the floors you can see through.

Never tried Xplane, it was too sparse and boring. But my point was, can't some of the developers for Flight simulator X make some of these air frames available for DCS ? Simplified series for people like me who find it too difficult to fly the likes of the DCS P51 !! My husband and I buy practically all the DSC modules even though they are too hard for me but we still buy them. I mainly play FC3 because it's ok for me and on my level. I bet the best seller of ED's products is FC3 !!

Mizzy

but we still buy them.

Practice, practice, practice. And then practice some more. A good set of controllers helps, too.

Hell, if a moron like myself can learn to fly them, so MUST you!

PS. Not that there's anything wrong in wanting more FC3-level flyables per se, of course. Courses for horses etc.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Yes I am really looking forward to Mig 21 and F86, not looking forward to trying to play with this super flight model thing, I have been practicing for over 16 years but when this PFM thing came along and I bought the P51, I couldn't take off or land it so all I can do is fly around in it. Oh well, it was just a thought !

Mizzy

Thing is, I personnally don't want to find myself flying in multiplayer with people seating in simplified models. This is already the case today. No need to make it worse.

That is my opinion. This is because I am sure that it is in the majority's of players best interest to have a uniform game. Of course, ED's products offer a good field for solo gaming. But I think it is developped to be a multiplayer's simulation in the first place.

On the other hand, developping such models takes time. They would have to be sold, not given away. And I am not sure it would encounter a satisfying commercial success.

Let's simply hope that those aircrafts most of people also love will be developped as solid module in the future with an arcade mode ;-)

Yes I am really looking forward to Mig 21 and F86, not looking forward to trying to play with this super flight model thing, I have been practicing for over 16 years but when this PFM thing came along and I bought the P51, I couldn't take off or land it so all I can do is fly around in it. Oh well, it was just a thought !

Mizzy

Don't be put off by the P-51, I would say it is especially tricky. I expect the Sabre and the MiG-21 to be easier to take-off, land, and generally fly, particularily if you are more used to jets.

Try the A-10C, it should be somewhat closer to what you can expect from those (there is also the F-15C, which has a great flight model and has simple systems modelisation, but it has a whole battery of compensators and automatic flight control systems that would make it farther from a 60's plane).

Mizzy

check my sig to land the P-51 :)

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

Thank you for the replies, I am sure as time progresses DCS will want to capture the market for Civilian and casual players who don't actually fight like me. And I am sure this will in no way affect the multiplayer fighting people. But since DCS is a combat thing, that's where their priorities will stay.

Mizzy

• 1 month later...
I am sure as time progresses DCS will want to capture the market for Civilian and casual players who don't actually fight like me.

Unfortunately, that is the exact opposite of what DCS is all about. They are dedicated strictly to bringing high quality, full system modelled aircraft, which is always great news for the simulation industry. However this doesn't mean you should be intimidated! Like the others said, a game mode is included that simplifies the flight models quite a bit, and I think that if you put a little effort into it, over time you'll learn to appreciate the study sim aspect of DCS :thumbup:

The Sabre is a whole lot of fun. The start up procedure for the Sabre is easier than the start up procedure for the TF-51 Mustang. If you can start up and sim fly the Mustang, you can handle the F-86f Sabre. Here is a video of my sim flying the Sabre:

https://vimeo.com/102893352

With a little practice, she is a really fun machine. :)

Half the satisfaction of playing DCS sims is finally getting that first takeoff/landing right and then being able to do it 3,4,5 times in a row. Those are some of my favorite moments or when you finally (get it) in the more complicated combat system parts of the Blackshark or A10C. If your just looking to get something into the air and fly around the A10C is actually not very hard to get off the ground. Just keep practicing and some servers host help sessions plus there is always tutorials on youtube.