Ram effect? and GTX680-780?

Hi guys, just two quick questions, does anybody know if doubling my ram will have much effect on DCS world performance? I currently have 8gb (2x4 sticks) of Corsair XMS3 DDR3, I'm thinking of putting another two sticks of the same 4gb ram in to bring the total up to 16gb. Is it worth doing? the Ram isn't a huge investment...

Also, I'm getting heavy stutters around airfields and during the firing of weapons at the moment. Has anybody upgraded from a GTX 680 to a GTX 780 and if so was the performance noticeably better? This will be an expensive switch I'm sure and I wasn't going to consider it until EDGE or the rift arrived, now I'm thinking I might have to. I'm thinking I may give MSI a go this time around with their 3gb Twin Frozr GXT 780... unless anybody can recommend a better version around the same price?

DCS is running from my SSD. Many thanks in advance.

Edited by Python

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I think you better wait for the EDGE update before going forward. RAM is cheap indeed and I don't think you can go wrong with updating, but you may not see a benefit. Check in your task manager while DCS is running to see how much ram its using.

But regd video card, I might wait and see if this is the typical CPU bottleneck first.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Yes, both options are unchecked. The stutters seem to be worse since the last update, it is fine generally but slows down at certain moments. I tried Vsync and it made things worse. I didn't want to buy a new card yet, I just wondered if anybody had made this switch yet, if it stops the slow down I'll go ahead and do it before my "old" 680 is worthless.

There are a few different threads about stutters etc- and there are some subtle refinements that can be done in the nvidia control panel... I think if you look up "got stutters, odd lag" you'll find the thread and the recommendations.

Granted I think it's an older thread now- but it's got some good insights.

EDIT:

Found it:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=68060

Edited by ENO

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Thanks ENO, I had found that thread also. I was hoping somebody on the boards may have made the specific jump from the 680 to the 780 and could record the results. I think I'll get the extra ram, that can't hurt I suppose. The newer 780 shows about 20%improvement for several titles, I'm just not sure it would have the same effect on DCS which is more cpu intensive. Hmmm....