Wounded effect in DCSW?

SharpeXB

Shouldn't there be a "wounded" effect in DCS?

It looks like the damage model tracks pilot wounding, you can be awarded a Purple Heart. But you aren't incapacitated in any way.

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

I asked once about blood on the canopy. The official response was they would like to do it, but it would put the sim in a whole different "rating" category. Like, 18+ or whatever.

So the wounded effect, or lack thereof, is probably along the same lines

I think that was a concern back in the Lock on days. Now, it shouldn't matter. Hopefully, we can in the future shoot down the parachutes of bailing pilots. I remember doing that in IL-2 back in the day and having a great laugh. :p

Regd. incapacitating pilots for future missions in a campaign for instance, that would suck. Imagine you are unable to use rudder etc because the pilots legs are broken. Well...u wouldn't be allowed in the pilot's seat for the next mission.

I think a more nicer option would be a kill tracking system and achievements. Perhaps having a "kill tally" with marks and re-designed logbook will make it more interesting. Also, integrating some steam achievements and a pilot progression system with editable pilot helmet art and unlock able stencils would be nice.

Ofcourse...not necessary indeed. I think ED have enough on their plate with what they have lined up. But sometime in the future perhaps. ;)

Edited by Witchking

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|