STATEMENT ON RELEASE

Cobra847

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to play a psychologist here, but IMHO the tension we have around the MIG's release goes a bit more deeper than if it comes a week earlier or later. At the end of the day it all comes down to the fact, that the last release of a full fidelity fixed wing aircraft in DCS was... oooops :)

(Disclaimer: I as an individual don't see the F-15 or any other flaming cliffs related module as a DCS fidelity module and I bet that most of you are flying it because the lack of other options forced you to do so)

TrailBlazer

Cobra, I really respect and appreciate what you guys are doing for the Mig-21. Please don't take this post as nagging, or complaining...

I feel like if we got the manual that would certainly calm a lot of people down. I know I would be able to enjoy reading it 2-3 times over, to really understand the aircraft before we got it, and it would help relieve the "pre mig21 release anxiety syndrome"

THis is not intended to be a complaint or anything, just sharing my opinion

• Like 1

Cobra, I really respect and appreciate what you guys are doing for the Mig-21. Please don't take this post as nagging, or complaining...

I feel like if we got the manual that would certainly calm a lot of people down. I know I would be able to enjoy reading it 2-3 times over, to really understand the aircraft before we got it, and it would help relieve the "pre mig21 release anxiety syndrome"

THis is not intended to be a complaint or anything, just sharing my opinion

Don't need to excuse yourself at all. We're always open to suggestions or constructive criticism. :)

We're still copy editing the ENG manual (it's pretty big!), but I'll raise the question of releasing it early internally later today.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I don't want to play a psychologist here, but IMHO the tension we have around the MIG's release goes a bit more deeper than if it comes a week earlier or later. At the end of the day it all comes down to the fact, that the last release of a full fidelity fixed wing aircraft in DCS was... oooops :)

(Disclaimer: I as an individual don't see the F-15 or any other flaming cliffs related module as a DCS fidelity module and I bet that most of you are flying it because the lack of other options forced you to do so)

You touched on some valid points in my opinion. I think overall the amount of delays has everyone on ...EDGE. Yes I said it and yes this item is off topic but this along with other content that has been delayed fuels the frustration here and overall in the community. Personally I am learning to lower my expectations about "on time" releases here and at the same time considering what the developing teams are up against. This is a very tough platform with some very high standards to develop for.

EDIT: I do have to ask and this is serious, but does the NDA limit what can be shown or is that a team call? I would love to see more WIP videos i.e. combat with another fighter.

Edited by Raven68

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I would second that request. Wags also gave us the Fw-190 manual even though it was clearly WIP. That´s gotta be a good reason, right? ;)

Seriously, I would love to have a chance to get into the manual beforehand because it seems that the MiG-21 will be rather complex and I´m absolutely unfamiliar with it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

I would second that request

I also support this idea, even if it's only chapters 1 - 3 of 400!

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Don't need to excuse yourself at all. We're always open to suggestions or constructive criticism. :)

We're still copy editing the ENG manual (it's pretty big!), but I'll raise the question of releasing it early internally later today.

Initially manual was written in what language?

Not sure if this relates to the exact model that we'll get but... MIG-21 BIS handelling Instructions on Avialogs

• Like 1

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I feel like if we got the manual that would certainly calm a lot of people down.

I feel like if Cobra gives in to this or any other unreasonable request (like "ah just release it with bugs!" And alike) he will only dig a bigger hole, for this product and for the next time. It is not Cobra's responsibility to calm anyone down.

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project

I feel like if Cobra gives in to this or any other unreasonable request (like "ah just release it with bugs!" And alike) he will only dig a bigger hole, for this product and for the next time. It is not Cobra's responsibility to calm anyone down.

Okay.. he'll dig a bigger hold by releasing the manual thats probably almost perfect, that many of use would enjoy reading. If it was such a bad idea, why did he say there are going to be internal talks on it.

I'm not asking for him to release the Mig 21 buggy. I do not think the manual is an unreasonable request. Wags released it for the FW-190, and it is very much WIP. Were there any issues with that... Not that i know of.

If you don't want the manual dont read it. But the rest of us here would love it

• ED Team
Okay.. he'll dig a bigger hold by releasing the manual thats probably almost perfect, that many of use would enjoy reading. If it was such a bad idea, why did he say there are going to be internal talks on it.

I'm not asking for him to release the Mig 21 buggy. I do not think the manual is an unreasonable request. Wags released it for the FW-190, and it is very much WIP. Were there any issues with that... Not that i know of.

If you don't want the manual dont read it. But the rest of us here would love it

This is LN's first module, cut them some slack and let them do things at the pace they are comfortable with. If they dont want to release the manual right now, or they arent ready to stress the flood of changes and suggestions that might come in from releasing it, then that is their right...

Just let them work at their pace and be patient...

• Like 1

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

In my honest opinion, MIG21 is probably finished and they are simply being held back by EDGE and 1.3.0, i would also apply this situation to the HAWK which is probably also finished and has been siting waiting for ED to finish EDGE and 1.3.0 which are also finalising Fw Dora and the Sabre will probably also be finished by then. So in my totally imagined opinion its a matter of EDGE and 1.3.0 , not Leatherneck, Veao or any other.

Lets keep calm an wait for whenever it is that all these fantastic things will get released.

• Like 2

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

This is LN's first module, cut them some slack and let them do things at the pace they are comfortable with. If they dont want to release the manual right now, or they arent ready to stress the flood of changes and suggestions that might come in from releasing it, then that is their right...

Just let them work at their pace and be patient...

I understand that its their first. I dont believe that I'm pushing them too much. All I mentioned originally was just the idea.

And my second post was just defending why I don't think its an unreasonable suggestion I have about the manual.

I do not believe I'm being too pushy or annoying, I made my idea known and that is all.

And besides, I understand that a lot of the hype around here, can be annoying to the devs and others, but whats the alternative to hype? It would be no interest at all.

Interest and hype are what sell games. If people werent thrilled or excited about it, no one would buy it, and it would be a failure. I believe the Mig-21 is the most hyped aircraft as of right now. The forums for the other aircraft seem dead compared to whats happening here.

I understand that somtimes things can get a bit out of hand, but its just the nature of this. Hype and interest sells games. I think they will be glad they have this much hype when the finally realease it, and the money starts flowing in.

Add:

Releasing crumbs here and there of screens, videos, and other stuff helps keep interest and hype flowing. It makes consumers get more excited as time goes on, and they can't wait for it to be release. Thats the dream of anyone who sells anything. You want people to buy your product, and excitement fuels it.

All I'm saying is, yes, many of us on the forum are impatient, but thats not a bad thing. Its much better than everyone having a take it or leave it, or will wait 9 months for a sale attiude.. which unfortunately seems to be occuring on other projects

Edited by ff4life4

I'm sure many will love it. It is very strange however that you do not see how releasing unfinished documentation for unfinished product(99.99% is still unfinished) can create risks (as insignificant as they might be) down the road. I hope Cobra doesn't give in to pressure not because I don't want you to read the manual, but because I don't ever want to see these potential issues surface.

Edited by agrasyuk

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project

I understand your point about unfinished materials. But I believe that if the manual is say 95% completed it would be okay. But I agree if the manual was a total mess that it's best not to. Only example I have is fw-190 manual. It's very close to complete and if it was at that level I think it would be nice.

Until someone starts annotating changes in documentation, I would prefer that they wait until they think it is done. Besides, it has already been stated that it will be ready before the Mig is released.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: