STATEMENT ON RELEASE

Cobra847

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one's forcing you to read it.

That is true, but unlike so many here I actually read these threads looking for useful information... Unfortunately, any useful information is lost in the noise...

But thank you for your insightful statement as it was very helpful indeed..

:thumbup:

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

That is true, but unlike so many here I actually read these threads looking for useful information... Unfortunately, any useful information is lost in the noise...

But thank you for your insightful statement as it was very helpful indeed..

:thumbup:

Well I appreciate your insightful and condescending statement that we were all a bunch of children.

:worthy:

That really added valuable information to this thread

Edit:

And for the noise.. welcome to a discussion board. Any groundbreaking info will be stickied

Ok, I don't really care how popular this statement will be, but I'm going to just say it...

Leatherneck, you should be treating your fans and hopefully future customers with a lot of understanding. Do you guys realize how much we have been jerked around? Inexplicable missed released deadline followed by an announcement the project was dead?! That's enough to make people very rightly concerned. Also, would it kill you to just do consistent weekly updates, screen shots, or even just write a paragraph or so about what was done in the past week? These are simple PR measures you could take to foster relations with people who want to BUY your product. It's not hard...

Also I find closing a thread about the release date just because you don't want it discussed anymore in extremely poor taste. Would it kill you guys just to give us some type of general time frame? You do realize that after years of third party development only ONE developer has managed to not only go dead or nearly dead, but actually release something. If this wasn't a flight sim community which happens to draw hard core and committed fans, this game would be well on it's way to dead simply based on being jerked around by the 3rd party Devs so much. If you need more time, fine... Whatever.... I fully intend to buy your product. But for gods sake take 10 minutes a week to hash out a update and communicate with your community!!!!!!!!

Cobra's been doing that since as far back as I can recall. He's been the voice and the face of the project for quite sometime, as far back as I started following the project on the forum, so that'd probably be a year ago.

What else *can* he do? He has more than one obligation with this project and with this team.

For starters, the keyword there is team. There are other members of LN and they all establish a consensus on what actions they'll take. Should he be an undesirable team member and go against the grain? Should he upset all the other members of his team by showing off something or making a statement that's half-cooked?

Secondly, what's there to report on? The last statement he made on the matter was to the effect of "everything is finished save for a small art touch up and the ED testing." What can he say about that? On top of that, he's the team artist. That little aesthetic touch up? That's probably his responsibility, too.

To get "better PR" they'd have to hire a proper marketer and that costs money; a resource that is all too valuable to squandered. So would you like some marketing goon to troll about on the forums and blow smoke up your rear and reiterate everything that's been said over and over? That's the only thing that would really change if they were to post more.

I'm utterly livid, too. I want this yesterday, as my screenname would suggest and LN probably be happy to hand me a key for my cash, but it's out of their hands in the present time. There's nothing you can do. There's nothing I can do. And there's really nothing Cobra can tell us that will be any different from what he's already said.

Though, I do have to make a suggestion, Cobra847: The next time a project drags on like this, can you time it so that it coincides with winter? That way, I can take out my frustration by building a flamethrower and destroying the mountains of white BS in my yard. I wasn't upset until this vague estimate proved to be off by a month. When we had the hiccup in March, I was happy to take out my anger on that horrid white crap people refer to as "snow." I don't know how Scandinavians settled the state of Minnesota. I want to go back to the desert Southwest. :joystick:

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

The truth for Me, is I am very tired of sermonizing. But fine, I will purchase your LN Mig-21 BIS product. In 200 times the time to reach a black hole may be?

Please, I don't wanna be negative, but, I really expect the release.

Regards and take your time.

In my honest opinion, MIG21 is probably finished and they are simply being held back by EDGE and 1.3.0, i would also apply this situation to the HAWK which is probably also finished and has been siting waiting for ED to finish EDGE and 1.3.0 which are also finalising Fw Dora and the Sabre will probably also be finished by then. So in my totally imagined opinion its a matter of EDGE and 1.3.0 , not Leatherneck, Veao or any other.

Lets keep calm an wait for whenever it is that all these fantastic things will get released.

I tend to agree with you on this one, it would explain the secrecy and the silence (to be honest I really hope that is the case :) )

TrailBlazer

EDIT: I do have to ask and this is serious, but does the NDA limit what can be shown or is that a team call? I would love to see more WIP videos i.e. combat with another fighter.

Sincere apologies but I have to let.... the creative... spirit... go!

HMtVlzv.png?1

Worst meme ever :D

TrailBlazer

Sincere apologies but I have to let.... the creative... spirit... go!

Worst meme ever :D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQV2LuVrHEjBWuxdN1Km25RuaBvgOUNeQCqhDhqxMVKnazivv5

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

It's very funny, how everyone, who has something negative to say on this forum is "stamped" naysayer, hater etc... Of course it's a culture of forum, because that's what the forum is about. Different opinions and point of views. Of course people will be disappointed and sad, they are not gonna get their module in time or anything else and maybe someone will write it on forum. And suddenly everyone is like "HOW DARE YOU!!!???". This is forum and You must be 100% positive about everything or You will be the outcast and hated forever. And I haven't seen anyone to be offensive or something. I think developers are ok with this, because they know, if You want to post on forum, You will deal with positive and with negative opinions. They are creating very complex things, so there will always be bugs and problems, people will report, there will always be someone, who doesn't like, they are postponing release etc. So what is the problem with naysayers? Sometimes You like something and sometimes You don't.

I'm not saying that complaining doesn't have its place- not at all. What I've said- and if you've read my posts you'll understand that- is that constructive criticism is the way forward. This forum does, unfortunately, have a culture of moaning for the sake of it.

I've never said everyone must be 100% positive and I might suggest you read my posts properly in future.

I'm not saying that complaining doesn't have its place- not at all. What I've said- and if you've read my posts you'll understand that- is that constructive criticism is the way forward. This forum does, unfortunately, have a culture of moaning for the sake of it.

I've never said everyone must be 100% positive and I might suggest you read my posts properly in future.

OK ok....but still, even the moaning (as You call it) is just a personal feeling of simmers, who really like the module and can't wait to get it. :smilewink: And it wasn't about You saying it has to be 100% positive, but about this fashion here on ignoring negative comments.

Enough of this. I want manual. :joystick:

There is a much better way to stop them... Release screenshots ... Release weekly updates.... Communicate! No news is bad news where game development is concerned.

Snip

EDIT: also spending 10 or 20 minutes a day responding or threads is great, but many future customers will not see those responses or even know who or what to look for, your time would be better spent compiling structured updates that all are likely to see

This goes for nearly all projects I have come across, being it game development, hardware like the Ouya, and mobile phones like the Oneplus One.

The common denominator is that the team is usually small and have hardly any clue about managing a large internet based community. And from what I read on the fora is usually moaning about lack of updates, not being clear or not being up front about issues. It is my belief that 98% of all these complaints can be prevented by scheduling, and continuing to do so, weekly or bi-weekly updates. Screenshots, a small description of a system, a picture of a desk overloaded with junkfood... Everything goes as long as your potential customers feel they are being kept in the loop. Even major delays or issues can be accepted, grudgingly in that case, with open and up front communication about it.

And being open with your community can have its advantages as well. look at DCS Dora, with the early release of the manual there have been a lot of errors identified already.

The last part of the quoted message really hits the spot. Use your forum time wisely. Start a new thread for every update. At the same time use that post in an email newsletter to which people can subscribe. Use some levelheaded people to monitor the forum to point out any issues. That way you could dedicate your forum time to do more important stuff like family, kids. Flightsims are way cool, but in the big picture really not that important.

And lastly, if you need cash, start a pre-order thingy.... My cc is waiting..

Leatherneck can run their own show. Cobra is doing fine on this forum, I like his upfront attitude. Cut him some slack. More (updates) doesn't mean better. Rather wait for something meaningful.

Getting the manual early would be a nice treat, though doubtless it will rain comments thereafter. Hang in there.

Edited by Hans-Joachim Marseille

As we head into the next period of development on our next product(s); we will structure updates properly (or, rather, differently -- crossposting into a single thread and so on).

My posts are meant as simmer to simmer personal-level interaction. "Official" consolidated updates are thus posted in a main thread (such as the one from a month ago with the video).

This is partly also because of stressful working conditions we are currently under.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Stream replaced by Video late today or tomorrow due to 4th of July and ongoing migration of aircraft into 1.3.0.

:drink: can't wait!

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

What do you mean by ongoing integration into 1.3.0? I thought you or one of the other LS devs said MiG-21 core is separate from EDGE? What is this integration? Any idea as to how long it will take? Honestly, I'm getting real tired about the constant delays...

Partners and 3rd parties add-ons modules has conditioned by the DCS: World main engine / program changes and can´t be evaded, that is mandatory. If you no adequate your add-ons to that structure or procedure changes, your add-ons can be partly or completely end of work.

What do you mean by ongoing integration into 1.3.0? I thought you or one of the other LS devs said MiG-21 core is separate from EDGE? What is this integration? Any idea as to how long it will take? Honestly, I'm getting real tired about the constant delays...

It means we're branching off development and making sure the aircraft runs properly on 1.3.0.

Not sure how you managed to read that much into such a simple, short, post.

• Like 1

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Hey, I'm not into this software development business. So I don't understand most of it. So when you mention integration into 1.3.0 and stuff, I read it as a another delay. I'm into stock markets and shit. For me, everything starts and ends in a day. ;)

It means we're branching off development and making sure the aircraft runs properly on 1.3.0.

Not sure how you managed to read that much into such a simple, short, post.

Almost sounds like this was an ED call after all. Which pretty much says the "delay" is out of LS control. If I am wrong please accept my apologies. I said it before Cobra, in spite of the ongoing delays I really admire your courage addressing the community. :thumbup:

Edited by Raven68

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals