STATEMENT ON RELEASE

Cobra847

Furthermore, you can't blame them for the anxiety that's been built up. As well meaning as LN is, it feels like a carrot on a string at times.

For me, the release of Fishbed has cut too close with Sabre. Which ever is released first gets my purchase while the other waits for a sale.

I think the carrot on the string is a good way to express my general feeling, I mean, as I have said before, I get that there are difficulties associated with building a DCS module that I will NEVER understand but at the same time, it does start to get a bit trying to hear "we have a update coming this week!" and then that update comes a month later or "we are getting set for a possible June release" but then we get a update (on the very last days of June) that says we won't be getting it till another time that is yet unknown.

Don't misunderstand, I am making this sound like a bigger deal than it really is for me, I was frustrated at first at the constant missed deadlines for updates but at this point, I sadly have adopted a mindset of "I will believe it when I see it" when it comes to news updates, let alone the release date.

I will buy this the moment the option to do so is available, I am not even exaggerating but despite how much of a fanboy I am for this project, I still feel like I am following a carrot I will never catch at times.

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the carrot on the string is a good way to express my general feeling, I mean, as I have said before, I get that there are difficulties associated with building a DCS module that I will NEVER understand but at the same time, it does start to get a bit trying to hear "we have a update coming this week!" and then that update comes a month later or "we are getting set for a possible June release" but then we get a update (on the very last days of June) that says we won't be getting it till another time that is yet unknown.

Don't misunderstand, I am making this sound like a bigger deal than it really is for me, I was frustrated at first at the constant missed deadlines for updates but at this point, I sadly have adopted a mindset of "I will believe it when I see it" when it comes to news updates, let alone the release date.

I will buy this the moment the option to do so is available, I am not even exaggerating but despite how much of a fanboy I am for this project, I still feel like I am following a carrot I will never catch at times.

+1

The thing that has me wondering, is ED calling the shots on the release timing? If it is such a case, and time will tell, how good of strategy is this, releasing several modules within a month of each other? Some may look at it as a smorgasbord and dump a lot of cash whenever what becomes available. Then there are some with tighter budgets and will slowly pace themselves and go for the best module thats available at the moment at the right price, then later down the road of time pick the next best module to them. You can also kind of look at it like a fall TV line up. Each station will put up a show to compete with another stations show, but one will do better in ratings than the other. The good news here is that none of the DCS shows will get cancelled. ;)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Well I must say, its going to be an exciting time for flight sims. There never have been this many additions, Hawk, Sabre, Mig21, Dora, Edge, to DCS in such a short time period. I wish all the developers luck, and hope they get a fair return for their dedication and hard work. I will probably end up buying all of the modules eventually, but Mig21 is #1 on my list :)

2 modules released at same time is not the same as 2 TV stations running a movie at the same time and you can chose to watch only 1. If say F-86 and MiG-21 are released at same time, they are actually 2 airframes that can fight eachother.... online :) At same time it would make sense to relese F-15C and Su-27 at same time also (but this didn't happen, we are still waiting for Su-27 module)

No longer active in DCS...

2 modules released at same time is not the same as 2 TV stations running a movie at the same time and you can chose to watch only 1. If say F-86 and MiG-21 are released at same time, they are actually 2 airframes that can fight eachother.... online :) At same time it would make sense to relese F-15C and Su-27 at same time also (but this didn't happen, we are still waiting for Su-27 module)

I dont know Kuky I can watch 8 games at one time with the NFL ticket. ;)

Anyways it is safe to say that if these modules are, for instance, released at the same time that one will receive more attention than the other. It will be interesting to see the fallout if this does happen. Personally I will accept either way. I will be like a kid in a candy store with a $200 dollar limit. :) :yay:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Well I must say, its going to be an exciting time for flight sims. There never have been this many additions, Hawk, Sabre, Mig21, Dora, Edge, to DCS in such a short time period. I wish all the developers luck, and hope they get a fair return for their dedication and hard work. I will probably end up buying all of the modules eventually, but Mig21 is #1 on my list :)

Provided they ever see the light of day, sure.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Provided they ever see the light of day, sure.

HOW DARE YOU!!!

More seriously, the list doesn't seem that far fetched as most of the things seem to be in rather advanced stages of development.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

outlawal2, in fact Rabbit talks about this people and is not Rabbit that names them "Naysayers" (actually it was J7G). People that write "respectful, thoughtful and meaningful posts" but not perfectly in line with "thank you sirs! yes sirs!".

If you write a post in a forum, you open yourself to constructive criticism. And this is absolutely valid also for the developers.

But this is what you said.

Thank You. You saved me a lot of writting. :-)

Actually what is funny, (well not really it is kind of sad) is that people like you believe what you are saying. This forum is filled with posts that are well thought out and state shortcomings and issues that need to be addressed, but they are respectful, thoughtful and meaningful posts. The "Naysayers" as you like to name them are identified as such by the fact that they complain about things that have perfectly reasonable causes, have been addressed by the devs ad nauseaum and yet people still bring up the same complaints over and over. Once an issue has been identified and addressed, responsible forum members stop complaining about it because more noise DOES NOT HELP.

There is no conspiracy here that says you can't state shortcomings or that you have to be glitter encrusted unicorn lovers.. But if you don't want to be labeled as a "naysayer" then post responsibly and respectfully..

Just because you are disappointed does not give you free reign to say anything you want and expect to not be called on it..

How about everyone try being adults and let's wait patiently... I promise you that complaining about the same things day in and day out and asking "Is it done yet" on an hourly basis will NOT get the work done any quicker..

:thumbup:

I meant it as Flanker said. And I don't see my post any "not-adult" or not responsible or constructive. I think it can't be more constructive.

And You showed, I'm right, because You immediately called me a naysayer. This can't be happening. :-DDD

And You said:

"Just because you are disappointed does not give you free reign to say anything you want and expect to not be called on it."

You canť be serious about this one, man. So people have NO RIGHT to write anything here, when they are disappointed. Do You even realize, what You said??? Just another thing I was right about.

I knew a few persons in history, who tried this twisted idea on other people and they haven't ended well. :-D

Edited by Rabbit_

Ok, I don't really care how popular this statement will be, but I'm going to just say it...

Leatherneck, you should be treating your fans and hopefully future customers with a lot of understanding. Do you guys realize how much we have been jerked around? Inexplicable missed released deadline followed by an announcement the project was dead?! That's enough to make people very rightly concerned. Also, would it kill you to just do consistent weekly updates, screen shots, or even just write a paragraph or so about what was done in the past week? These are simple PR measures you could take to foster relations with people who want to BUY your product. It's not hard...

Also I find closing a thread about the release date just because you don't want it discussed anymore in extremely poor taste. Would it kill you guys just to give us some type of general time frame? You do realize that after years of third party development only ONE developer has managed to not only go dead or nearly dead, but actually release something. If this wasn't a flight sim community which happens to draw hard core and committed fans, this game would be well on it's way to dead simply based on being jerked around by the 3rd party Devs so much. If you need more time, fine... Whatever.... I fully intend to buy your product. But for gods sake take 10 minutes a week to hash out a update and communicate with your community!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Ok, I don't really care how popular this statement will be, but I'm going to just say it...

Leatherneck, you should be treating your fans and hopefully future customers with a lot of understanding. Do you guys realize how much we have been jerked around? Inexplicable missed released deadline followed by an announcement the project was dead?! That's enough to make people very rightly concerned. Also, would it kill you to just do consistent weekly updates, screen shots, or even just write a paragraph or so about what was done in the past week? These are simple PR measures you could take to foster relations with people who want to BUY your product. It's not hard...

Also I find closing a thread about the release date just because you don't want it discussed anymore in extremely poor taste. Would it kill you guys just to give us some type of general time frame? You do realize that after years of third party development only ONE developer has managed to not only go dead or nearly dead, but actually release something. If this wasn't a flight sim community which happens to draw hard core and committed fans, this game would be well on it's way to dead simply based on being jerked around by the 3rd party Devs so much. If you need more time, fine... Whatever.... I fully intend to buy your product. But for gods sake take 10 minutes a week to hash out a update and communicate with your community!!!!!!!!

I can see where you're coming from, I also am greatly anxious for the release but without the current Leatherneck team, the project would have died if they didn't start over and continue it without any income. Also, we do have a general time frame. Read the first post of this thread; they have told us all they probably can as the project is now in ED's hands, and I can guarantee you that the Leatherneck team wants to see the release even more than you or me.

I agree that more pics/vids would be nice but I look at it this way: they don't owe us anything! It's us that thank them for keeping the project alive, and not rushing it! I can assure you, a buggy release is more disappointing than a delayed release.

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

I meant it as Flanker said. And I don't see my post any "not-adult" or not responsible or constructive. I think it can't be more constructive.

And You showed, I'm right, because You immediately called me a naysayer. This can't be happening. :-DDD

And You said:

"Just because you are disappointed does not give you free reign to say anything you want and expect to not be called on it."

You canť be serious about this one, man. So people have NO RIGHT to write anything here, when they are disappointed. Do You even realize, what You said??? Just another thing I was right about.

I knew a few persons in history, who tried this twisted idea on other people and they haven't ended well. :-D

I suggest that you read outlawal2's comment again, because that's not what he said.

And this is the moment, when all the frustration build up. I understand You, but be sure to be damned on this forum. Because You said something negative and You let Your freewill to intoxicate it here. :smilewink:

I can understand everyone is anxious to get their hands on the 21, damn I'm hanging out for it bad too but some of you guys or girls sound like a spoiled brat in a candy store :doh: For heavens sake pull it together :megalol:

Deal with the reality of it, you think there holding out on you guys for fun or something? Every heard of NDA's ? Just cause your a potential customer doesn't give you the right to trash the developers.

• Like 1

I can understand everyone is anxious to get their hands on the 21, damn I'm hanging out for it bad too but some of you guys or girls sound like a spoiled brat in a candy store :doh: For heavens sake pull it together :megalol:

Deal with the reality of it, you think there holding out on you guys for fun or something? Every heard of NDA's ? Just cause your a potential customer doesn't give you the right to trash the developers.

You are absolutely true here :)

This is another thread that has devolved into childish arguing of entirely off-topic issues..

Like it was said before it only adds more work which could be used elsewhere at the moment.

Relax, people.

Guessing of release-dates etc. is rather pointless now and trying to find meaning in the chaos and "white noise" of all that is going on.

This is like looking at waves in water instead of the boat making the waves and trying to predict when it arrives to the shore..

It will be released as soon as it is ready.

Edited by kazereal

"I would have written a shorter post, but I did not have the time."

You are absolutely true here :)

This is another thread that has devolved into childish arguing of entirely off-topic issues..

Like it was said before it only adds more work which could be used elsewhere at the moment.

Relax, people.

Guessing of release-dates etc. is rather pointless now and trying to find meaning in the chaos and "white noise" of all that is going on.

This is like looking at waves in water instead of the boat making the waves and trying to predict when it arrives to the shore..

It will be released as soon as it is ready.

That was so heavy stuff, right there.

You forgot to mention the update coming early this week.

Get it together guys... It wont be long now..

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Try to stay reasonable for a little longer. It´s really not worth getting upset when the release is not that far away anymore.

Is the situation ideal? Certainly not, but anger and rage rarely accomplish anything good.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

So you all say THATS OKAY HOW IT IS????

Well even if I would say it is not okay, it wouldn't change anything. The only thing that would happen is that I am upset about something so "unimportant".

So I personally say that it is okay what they are doing, which prevents me from beeing pissed off for no real reason.

This is also a reason why I normally don't invest in Kickstarter fundraiser campaings. I am happy to pay for something once it is finished, but until then I keep my money and let them do the work.

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

Oh boy.

Do we not treat you with understanding? I've sat where you sit; (im)patiently awaiting something I very much want. I fully understand that it is difficult.

The announcement that the project is dead is not something we are responsible for.

Feel free to search through my posts and note how often I respond to questions or post a "short paragraph". You'll find that it is fairly frequent.

I'm sorry you feel our 'PR' is lacking. When we feel we have important news to share in a bigger update, we do it.

We gave you a general timeframe, May-June. It was kept vague as it was an estimate. I even touched upon it in this very thread (did you even read the first post?)

As for closing the thread; this thread seems to be perfectly fine, open and available for discussion (even though it has, again, devolved into something grotesque)

We've never said we don't want it discussed anymore, the previous one just grew to immense proportions and fostered a lot of misinformation.

I take much more than 10 minutes a week to communicate with the community. It's frustrating to be accused of neglect when you personally can not take the time to read my posts.

Edited by Cobra847
  • Like 2

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Oh boy.

Do we not treat you with understanding? I've sat where you sit; (im)patiently awaiting something I very much want. I fully understand that it is difficult.

The announcement that the project is dead is not something we are responsible for.

Feel free to search through my posts and note how often I respond to questions or post a "short paragraph". You'll find that it is fairly frequent. I'm sorry you feel our 'PR' is lacking. When we feel we have important news to share in a bigger update, we do it.

We gave you a general timeframe, May-June. It was kept vague as it was an estimate. I even touched upon it in this very thread (did you even read the first post?)

As for closing the thread; this thread seems to be perfectly fine, open and available for discussion (even though it has, again, devolved into something grotesque)

We've never said we don't want it discussed anymore, the previous one just grew to immense proportions and fostered a lot of misinformation.

I take much more than 10 minutes a week to communicate with the community. It's frustrating to be accused of neglect when you personally can not take the time to read my posts.

Don't let them get you down, Cobra, 99% of us know that you guys are doing your best and working hard.