Documentation

I would like to know how to go about getting documentation for aircraft I have downloaded and installed.

I know where to find it on my computer but I am missing some items.

These are what I need:

DCS A10-A Flight Manual (Stand Alone)

DCS A10-A QuickStart Manual (my current file appears to be a quickstart for Flaming Cliffs 3 in general)

DCS Combined Arms QuickStart Manual

DCS Su25T Manual (I have it but it does not seem to represent the new 3D cockpit, maybe it is outdated?)

DCS Su25T QuickStart Manual (if there is one)

DCS uH-1H Manual (I HAD it but have no idea where it is now... I think I dragged it to my tablet by mistake instead of copying it)

Updated DCS Mi-17-1V-Flight Manual (if it exist my current manual is 211 pages of black and white ugly)

DCS Mi-17-1V QuickStart

Is there a way to download JUST the manuals? I really don't feel like downloading entire modules and reinstalling them just to get the manual.

I would like to request they be emailed to me (with ED' and Belsimtek's permission).

Would anybody be willing to email them to me if permission is given (to a loyal longstanding customer :))?

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You should have the manuals in the docs folder in your DCS installation folder IF you own the modules. Or at least I have them there.

If you do not own the module you will not have the manual. Is this your issue?

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

I would like to know how to go about getting documentation for aircraft I have downloaded and installed.

I know where to find it on my computer but I am missing some items.

These are what I need:

DCS A10-A Flight Manual (Stand Alone)

DCS A10-A QuickStart Manual (my current file appears to be a quickstart for Flaming Cliffs 3 in general)

DCS Combined Arms QuickStart Manual

DCS Su25T Manual (I have it but it does not seem to represent the new 3D cockpit, maybe it is outdated?)

DCS Su25T QuickStart Manual (if there is one)

DCS uH-1H Manual (I HAD it but have no idea where it is now... I think I dragged it to my tablet by mistake instead of copying it)

Updated DCS Mi-17-1V-Flight Manual (if it exist my current manual is 211 pages of black and white ugly)

DCS Mi-17-1V QuickStart

Is there a way to download JUST the manuals? I really don't feel like downloading entire modules and reinstalling them just to get the manual.

I would like to request they be emailed to me (with ED' and Belsimtek's permission).

Would anybody be willing to email them to me if permission is given (to a loyal longstanding customer :))?

You find the manuals in the DCS installation directory in the Mods\aircrafts\<aircraft>\Doc folders or for CA under Mods\tech\CombinedArms\Doc.

Or you just do a search for "*.pdf" from the DCS installation directory (windows explorer window: top right corner).

The manuals for the stand alone FC3 aircrafts are only installed if you actually installed the stand alone module. Otherwise there is only the FC3 manual. But you should find them for download in Steam for the respective DLC.

edit:

As for "Mi-17" manuals: those don't exist, as our helo is the Mi-8! :o)

But even the (english) flight manual is not yet released by BST. The Mi-17 manual you are refering to is probably the RL manual that we got earlier in the beta, but that is now not installed anymore.

Edited by Flagrum

Oh I see what he wants now. It's not the standard manuals we all have :)

I'm sorry that I did not read it the right way the first time.

I can comment only about the A-10A ... isn't it part of the FC3 manual?

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

It is, afaik.

A bit different is the F-15C, though. Last time I checked it, the F-15C section of the FC3 manual was not updated and did not include all the new AFM related stuff.

You should have the manuals in the docs folder in your DCS installation folder IF you own the modules. Or at least I have them there.

If you do not own the module you will not have the manual. Is this your issue?

I own every module I listed. The only modules I do not own are Su25A, FC3, and the new World War 2 one. I know where the files are located, they are just not there. I would not ask for a manual for a product I did not own, as that would be asking for part of a product I did not pay for.

As for "Mi-17" manuals: those don't exist, as our helo is the Mi-8! :o)

That is a valid point. The manual I have is in my DCS documents however is for the Mi7 and seems to match the Mi-8.

But even the (english) flight manual is not yet released by BST.

The one I have is in English. Though it is for the Mi-7. Maybe it was a bad-aid.

The Mi-17 manual you are refering to is probably the RL manual that we got earlier in the beta, but that is now not installed anymore.

Maybe so. I find it odd that the RL manual would have all the instrumentation labeled in Russian in the actual cockpit but have the manual in English.

Actually, that is exactly what I am asking for.

Edited by ZQuickSilverZ

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.