AI knows u fire Infra missiles at them..?!

Kaktus29

if u fire IR missile at enemy at his six from below so its really impossible to see it, the enemy engages defensive the moment you squeeze the trigger..

so, wtf)) any suggestions?

p.s.:yes, no radar was turned, nothing, passive targeting all the way..

if u fire IR missile at enemy at his six from below so its really impossible to see it, the enemy engages defensive the moment you squeeze the trigger..

You are talking about A2A? What was the distance? What aircraft did the AI fly?

aircraft f15, at 9000 m altitude, me with a mig29 firing aphids))lol.. anyway, its all infra passive versus f15 who can NOT by any means detect this yet the moment i squeeze the trigger they go berserk, like i insulted their mother or something))

its frustrating to have dumb AI and then freakishly exceptional AI with superhuman abilities to detect IR missiles from 6 o'clock below them..

aircraft f15, at 9000 m altitude, me with a mig29 firing aphids))lol.. anyway, its all infra passive versus f15 who can NOT by any means detect this yet the moment i squeeze the trigger they go berserk, like i insulted their mother or something))

its frustrating to have dumb AI and then freakishly exceptional AI with superhuman abilities to detect IR missiles from 6 o'clock below them..

I don't know much about the F-15C, but it has no MWS like even the A-10C has?

The AI has abilities beyond a real pilot.

But, I will say I've been in this situation and dodged the missile, so a stealth IR shot on the AI should not necessarily be 100% kill. In MP I've look over my shoulder to see a R-73 light at the moment of fire from a plane I never saw. I dodged it and a second R-73 before getting out of there. On the other hand, I've also flown right into them.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Kaktus, AI is all-knowing. You should know this by now :P

I thought, this was only true for ground units? Aren't AI aircrafts supposed to only use the sensors they're equipped with and that those are affected by several factors (light conditions, aspect of the enemy, skill ofc., etc.)?

If the F-15 really has no MWS (to which the AI probably could react in an instant), then the only sensors would be good ol' Mk1 eyeball - which is treated like any other sensor by the AI logic. Because of that I asked about the distance between the aircrafts.

If canopy design is or should also be factored in ... I don't know, though.

Aspect has definitely some kind of effect on AI vision

It does. I've even killed fully-armed Hinds in a Huey a couple of times when I had an opportunity to get behind them unseen. Well not that the AI doesn't have an upper hand immediately if they _do_ detect you though :P

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Cockpit visibility is modeled for AI at least for most planes. Cargo planes and helicopters have crew members looking out the windows so it's reasonable to expect it will react to missile shot from sides and rear also. If you come across a plane that seems to have magic vision it might be good to make a bug report if someone hasn't already.

DCS Finland: Suomalainen DCS yhteisö -- Finnish DCS community

--------------------------------------------------

SF Squadron

I've found guns kills are way easier than Heat seekers against the AI. The flares work 99% of the time and the AI pilot never misses a chance to use them. However, the AI really isn't great at shaking you once you get on their tail with the GSH 30mm :joystick:

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

Cockpit visibility is modeled for AI at least for most planes. Cargo planes and helicopters have crew members looking out the windows so it's reasonable to expect it will react to missile shot from sides and rear also. If you come across a plane that seems to have magic vision it might be good to make a bug report if someone hasn't already.
Well, the OP went up against an F-15. Yes, there are times when the pilot would be on the ball and see a bandit sneak up on him but even the best pilots can get caught off guard.

Also, the F-15 probably didn't react until the missile was fired which kind of says that the logic could use a bit of tweaking.

I don't know much about the F-15C, but it has no MWS like even the A-10C has?

It does i think. EWR ? but only picks up radar missiles and such( mav also).

DCSW wishlist : multi-crew :D

GTX480, i52400, 8GB, Samsung EVO 840 250G SSD, Raid 0 2TB =~45 FPS [Maxed]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've done head on shots with ERs against F-15s and the AI didn't do anything other than deploy air brakes. Usually a rear aspect shot won't alert the AI to any inbound missile either.

@hypersonik

No it does not. It has a TEWS which includes a RWR but no MWS so it cannot pick up missile launches unless they were radar guided and fired at the F-15.