Dora V Pony Poll.

USARStarkey

Dora V Pony Poll.  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Dora V Pony Poll.

• Dora
    • Pony

Where is the both option?

I know more about the P-51 than I do about the Fw-190 so I can't decide before I get the module. That both are western and old makes dealing with Cold War Russian cockpits a non issue, which is something that biases me for 60's-2000 fighters.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Fw-190D ... I like the looks. The P-51D looks great, too, but I especially love the "streched" Dora. While the nose is "all motor and power" she doesn't look so stubby like some other fighers of the same era.

Besides the visual aspect ... dunno, I am not too much of a WWII fan or its aircrafts in general. Alone the necessity of the engine management in the Pony ... for that aspect I just hope the Dora is maybe a tad bit easier to handle. :o)

edit:

Aaand I am looking forward - as a german - to fly in a plane which cockpit lables are in my native language. Will surely feel strange! :o)

With WWII, I tend to prefer the German planes so once the Dora comes along I plan on primarily flying her (at least until the K4 comes out, then I might split between the two). Not to say the Pony (and Thunderbolt) wouldn't get seat time at all, but the German fighters will get far more seat time with me. Even started preliminary work on a German themed nose art to slap on my aircraft:D. Granted nose art was more an Allied thing, but I want to have a bit of fun with my aircraft's appearance.

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

Mustang

I'm too old to learn to German so I find it easier to operate the Mustang. Like the Russian aircraft, a large part of the learning curve is learning the new language so you can understand your instruments. Your mileage may vary.:smilewink:

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

Dora will do.... until I gets me Bearcat.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

^^this

where is the both option?...also the other announced wwii warbirds would fit into that poll.

Same here. I'm not going to limit myself.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Pony but Jug will be great too :).

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

I think this poll needs a bit more specific. Are you talking about DCS pony vs DCS dora? Or are you just talking about these 2 birds in general? If you just talk about DCS pony and dora, it's hard to say cuz we have no dora to compare with at this moment. Some folks' love for dora might be based on their experience with existing sims. But how do you know the flying characteristics and physics are being accurately portraited by these sims? How do you know the DCS dora, when it comes out, will be a similar experience to what you are currently experiencing? How do you know the upcoming DCS Dora is not a trim fest? How do you know it doesn't have worse stall characteristics than pony? When I first flew DCS pony, I feel I am flying a total different plane even though I had accumulated hundreds of hours on il2 pony. Ranged from CEM down to trims, everything has to be relearned. Just like YoYo said in one of his posts on DCS spitfire, people who think p51 is a bad staller might think twice when they get to fly spitfire. Many of current dora lovers might not think the same when they actually got to fly the plane. Everything could change.

The Mustang is beautiful, if I ever won big on the Lottory I would buy a real example to park next to my Spitfire MK.9. Until that day DCS is all I have so I won't be ditching the Mustang for the shiny new module, although I am looking forward to playing around with the Dora also.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Many of current dora lovers might not think the same when they actually got to fly the plane. Everything could change.

Very well explained. Some will protest, but my belief is that 90% of virtual pilots will drop their "favorite" aircraft if it doesn't perform to their expectations, or if they find another aircraft in which they are more successful.

I remember the P-38L of Warbirds 1.x and early 2.x in the 1990s.

P38l.gif

Read hoof's description:

The P38L has been called in Warbirds, and rightfully so, the Super Plane. The P38L is Jack of all trades, and master of most. The P38L does practically everything well, it dives with the best of them, is fast, has excellent high altitude performance, rolls with the best of them, until beyond 275mph, where it leaves all other planes in the dust, outturns all but the Zero and Ki43, has an excellent climb rate, has one of the best and most accurate gunnery packages in the game (with the exception of Otto), and has plenty of ammunition to burn. It's only major weakness is it's huge planform, making it an easy target in some situations. Fortunately, its exceptional roll eliminates its predecessor's big problem of being unable to roll away when that huge planform is exposed.

Need I say how many proclaimed their love of the P-38 and its history and said they did not fly it because of its performance? As soon as the FM was adjusted there was a mass exodus to the Spitfire.

:book:

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Very well explained. Some will protest, but my belief is that 90% of virtual pilots will drop their "favorite" aircraft if it doesn't perform to their expectations, or if they find another aircraft in which they are more successful.

I remember the P-38L of Warbirds 1.x and early 2.x in the 1990s.

P38l.gif

Read hoof's description:

Need I say how many proclaimed their love of the P-38 and its history and said they did not fly it because of its performance? As soon as the FM was adjusted there was a mass exodus to the Spitfire.

:book:

Haha, I am terrified that I am not going to feel at home in my Dora :cry: but I will make it work.

I remember I hated the 190 in il2 until I one day taught myself to fly it right then I could not stop flying it :pilotfly:

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

German Engineering. :thumbup:

But those are the engineers that lost the war. :P

I'll give them credit for putting gun on the nose and for making them higher caliber cannons. My aim is so bad with the P-51 I might stick with the 190 until I get rudder pedals. Unless of course nose mounted guns and significantly stronger shells don't help me at all.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files