Awkward trackir views when facing the rear of the cockpit

Pandacat

Everything works fine when facing the front 180deg arc of the cockpit. All axis work(yaw, pitch, roll, x, y z). However, when I yaw my view past either +/- 90degrees to face the rear of the cockpit, views start to become awkward. I can see my tail, but I can't zoom in or out on it. I cannot roll my head either. X, Y axis also disappeared. Currently, I have my z axis set on zoom instead of cockpit longitutive control. My trueview is also turned on in Trackir. I have also tried to put it back on the default cockpit longitutive control, but it's still the same. Anything I didn't set up right here?

Try check with TiR software if there are any other IR lights visible behind you (reflections, mirrors, etc.). Also check your 3 points positioning lights or reflective dots to be alligned all together.

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: i7-8700K@5GHz,ASUS Maximus X Hero, 32GB RAM 3000MHz, MSI Nvidia GTX 1080TI watercooled, Creative SoundBlaster Z, Intel/Samsung M.2 , VKB MCG Pro + Virpil Throttle + Leo Bodnar BU0836(A and X), MFG Crosswind, Logitech G13, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Stream Deck

Are you using the Pro version (the lights) or the cap system?

You don't mention about any acceleration you are using, so how far is your head turned for you to see the tail? If the angle is too extreme then light separation isn't enough and the system stops sending inputs to the sim.

In the TiR software are all 3 points visable and seperate from each other with no convergence when your head is in the "looking at tail" position? If you now try and "zoom in" do any of the points converge?

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I also find the camera constraints in the mustang to be a bit awkward. In all other AC, I have enough 'throw' in my TIR setup that i can turn the camera in game through approximately 270-300 degrees before the TIR camera starts losing points. In the mustang, however, I cannot even look 180 degrees directly back without the in-cockpit limits putting me through contortions.

Create a new TIR profile. Increase upper limit curvature for Z axis. Adjust all other 5 axis as needed. Use a quick command to switch TiR profiles while you are in game.

I think there are some lua files settings regarding view limits and accelerations , but I found above option to be more suitable, easieast to configure, and even much easy to preserve.

PS: I am using reflective dots and sometimes their frame is bending due to accidentally maneuvers so that dots are loosing their allignment. Behaviour in this case is simillar to that described in first post

Edited by Abburo

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: i7-8700K@5GHz,ASUS Maximus X Hero, 32GB RAM 3000MHz, MSI Nvidia GTX 1080TI watercooled, Creative SoundBlaster Z, Intel/Samsung M.2 , VKB MCG Pro + Virpil Throttle + Leo Bodnar BU0836(A and X), MFG Crosswind, Logitech G13, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Stream Deck

Strongly suggest trying out Requiem's profiles for TIR5.

This morning I spent sometime with a very nice fellow at an MP server. I am flying the p51d, and got TIR5 as a birthday gift, almost a month ago, but still trying to adapt to it, specially in DCS World...

But the profiles Requiem created for Rise of Flight and IL2, are great in DCS too, just don't forget to load them and hit the "exclusive" box.

First post on this thread:

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

I am using pro clip. I'll double check the convergence on those 3 lights when I get back tomorrow. My sensitive curves are pretty high. I could see the tail (180deg back) with only about 10deg of actual head turn. The funny thing is I use the current Trackir settings for both IL2 and BMS. Both these games work fine. I can look back, lean forward to zoom in and see the details on my tail etc. Also, my virtual head movement works as expected in the Trackir view. It is just this problem only occurs in DCS. Weird.