How to install Su-25T?

Hey, I have DCS A-10C and BS2 and all along I've heard that you're supposed to get the Su-25T (and now there's apparently that other airplane too) and on the DCS website they mention version "1.2.8" of something though I'm only using the latest versions of A-10C and BS2.

If I were to guess I would assume I have not installed “DCS World”? What happens when I do? How big is the install? Am I missing out on updates to A-10C and BS2? Can all the different games be started using DCS World instead of using separate executable shortcuts?

:huh:

Download DCS World and A10C + BS2 modules from here :

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/dcs_world/

Your keys will work to activate it. The original standalone A10C and BS2 is quite outdated now - everything plugs into DCS World nowdays. And you get Su25T and the trainer p51 as free bonus with dcs world.

DCS World Overview :

Edited by lanmancz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Elite, Intel i9 9900K, Fractal Design Kelvin S36, Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP Extreme, 32GB DDR4 HyperX CL15 Predator Series @ 3000 MHz, Kingston SSD 240GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe (sim), Fractal Design Define R5 Black Window, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, Win 10 Home x64, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, TrackIR (DelanClip), 3x 27" BenQ EW2740L, Oculus Rift S

DCS World is now what was the artificial world and intelligence around A-10C and Black Shark. You no longer install separate "Games", but DCS World and then add "Modules" like the A-10C, UH-1H Huey, P-51D Mustang etc. to your install. DCS World has a Module Manager included, so you simply install DCS World and take the Module Manager to activate additional planes.

Important: you need to have your Eagle Dynamics shop account (where you bought the stuff) at hand! It is used to authorize and track the keys.

Your keys for A-10C and BS2 will work with DCS World...

The brilliant idea behind World is, to enable 3rd parties to develop modules and simply plug them into an existing environment!

Be sure to try multiplayer. That is the real strength behind DCS World. Everybody picks what he likes best, be it a F-15C or a Huey, or an A-10C, and join into the same mission / environment and flys together with others.

I would advise to read the basics about DCS World, here:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/world/

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

So do I uninstall A-10C and BS2 first then download World? Or do I download World directly and then they come together automatically?

Also currently I only have about 3.5GB free space on the disk I intend to install the games on. A-10C takes about 7.0GB and BS2 8.5GB of that. What will World + A-10C/BS2 need?

Edited by Archer7

So do I uninstall A-10C and BS2 first then download World? Or do I download World directly and then they come together automatically?

uninstall the stand alone versions i.e. the Black Shark, and the A10C

then install DCS World, after you get that running; then go to the module manager in the GUI, which is the user interface first page you are on, when you run the Sim. click on the module manager and install your modules i.e. the Black Shark, and A10C from the list. :pilotfly:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

I would recommend to download World first and install it. Standard path! Do not try to merge it manually! When it is installed enter the module manager and use your Eagle Dynamics shop account. When first launching any mission you will be asked to enter your keys. It may be the registration recognizes the registry entries and you don't need to, but not sure about that. After World is running you may deinstall A-10C and BS2 but you can also keep them as standalone... A-10C is rumored to have slightly better frames in standalone ;-)

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

You can uninstall A10c and BS* which BS do you own as BS1 is not DCSWorld combatible.

*It will keep your registry so you don't need to deactivate.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

I don't have enough disk space for all three though...

I suppose I can clear some space soon but what's new in World? Anything I will notice immediately? In that video I can see the pilot, isn't that new?

Well, a lot ground models and AI planes updated to more detail, better smoke effects, two planes to fly for free (SU-25T FC3 level and TF-51D, a P-51D Mustang without weapons in DCS level)... and if you want to try multiplayer a lot of servers :music_whistling:

Anyway, with EDGE lurking around the corner (the new graphics engine), it is a no brainer! :smartass:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=113112

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=115306

Shagrat

DCS World needs 13GB space. How much extra will the A-10C and BS2 modules need? Will the total install be bigger or smaller than having A-10C and BS2 individually?

Edit: it came down to 13GB including A-10C, BS2 and the free modules. Nice!

Edited by Archer7