FW-190 Pre-purchase ???

badaboom

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinney was bullied out of here, I doubt we will ever see him back here.

Was it really that bad? I recall it as being relatively civil - mostly some people were sceptical wether they could achieve a satisfactory level of fidelity due to government restrictions and all that...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

• ED Team
Was it really that bad? I recall it as being relatively civil - mostly some people were sceptical wether they could achieve a satisfactory level of fidelity due to government restrictions and all that...

No, it was that bad. But I dont want to get into it here, its pretty off topic at this point.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

It was inexcusable behavior and disgusting to watch..

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

I am sure you will end up with something, but I can also be sure that everyone will have to give up something....

<---Wife and 3 kids... so I feel your pain... I begged and borrowed for the 40... but I dont expect 6 flyables at the end of all this.

edit: I'd also like to point out that no one is going to accuse anyone of being a thief either, they were extremely good deals... too good in some cases, I dont think anyone will hold it against you for choosing this level or that....

This is probably the best thing you could write. I can totally accept and understand it.

Even two flyables would make it even for me. But please only two requests:

Let me choose which one to take and let me use them in DCS World.

• ED Team
This is probably the best thing you could write. I can totally accept and understand it.

Even two flyables would make it even for me. But please only two requests:

Let me choose which one to take and let me use them in DCS World.

As this is by ED now, I doubt there will be a limitation between DCS WOrld and WWII... you should be able to use them in World right away when they are available....

64Sig.png

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Yeah I don't see Kenney coming back and don't blame him.

Granted of the two crowd funding efforts that were successful, both appear to still be okay despite initially falling through. But delays and changes in leadership, along with the uncertainty created by those things, has likely soured crowd funding for awhile. I'm sure the possibility exists of them succeeding to raise funds, but I don't think we'll see people being as gung-ho about it as they were about RRG's KS when it started.

I spoke up because I saw what I viewed as bullying and I got accused of being Kenney by one agitator and stalked for a couple months afterwards. So yeah, it was that bad.

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

Ok, sorry, I really didn´t pay that much attention to it.

Granted of the two crowd funding efforts that were successful, both appear to still be okay despite initially falling through. But delays and changes in leadership, along with the uncertainty created by those things, has likely soured crowd funding for awhile.

It might be just the kicker that´s needed to show that successful development is possible for 3rd parties, even if they are small teams who work in more than one job. The funding might have to acquired beforehand by other means. There are other teams who have gone sown that road.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

I am sure you will end up with something, but I can also be sure that everyone will have to give up something....

As we know the KS funds (~$155K) were indeed used towards the development of various components of DCS WWII. ED now has possession of this product, which they are continuing to work on, so they (ED) have benefited from the KS funds. Clearly, from what Matt has said, ED were the primary backers behind DCS WWII. If they failed to undertake due diligence on Ilyia's business model, then that is unfortunately their problem.

It would seem that the easiest way out of this would be to simply refund the KS funds to the backers (remembering that there were backers at many different levels, some of whom pledged quite large amounts of money). Probably the easiest way of doing this is to just credit their ED accounts to the same amount as their full pledge (including the shipping costs that were paid where appropriate). We can then all just buy the WWII modules/ maps when they are released in due course and take it as a lesson learnt with respect to crowd funding.

ED will avoid the matrix mess, the administrative overheads of t-shits and printed manuals, handing over plane modules at a unrealistic price and the ongoing bad feelings from those who rightly feel they have an ongoing entitlement to alpha/ beta access. ED can refund the money, draw a line in the sand on this mess and move forward from here.

The losers out of this will be those that were looking forward to the printed manuals, t-shirts, early access and the SDK for the maps; but at least nobody will be out of pocket, which is all they gave in the first place anyway.

From what I have read I can't recall anyone REALLY wanting the t-shirt. Manuals can be printed from the PDF's if so desired and perhaps ED can honour the release of the SDK as a sign of good faith - even if this is just locked to the WWII map/ package?

• ED Team

Well, I am not sure I agree, if they decide to refund the entire project, then they are not obligated in any shape or form to complete the project... I would have to think that would only hurt those that were really looking forward to this, but that is an option I suppose.

If they complete the project, a 1944 environment, with a total of 6 plans and all the bells and whistles... then really they have full-filled what I think the greatest percentage of people that funded wanted. I think the extras, while nice, are just that... extras. I think under the circumstances its the best outcome, having a final project on the level of DCS World.

As a side note, and as was your statement, this is purely opinion on a few hints we have gotten. Saying that ED was the primary backer is a little misleading... I think that it ended up that way, that perhaps Ilya was banking on other sources of funding, and they fell through... but again, I feel silly trying to debate or discuss this as we know nothing, we dont know that ED was the primary backer, in fact, I never got the impression that it wasnt anymore than a Partnership, ED supplying knowledge, manpower, and of course the game core.

I dont know... I understand the frustration, and ED is they only ones around to take that out on, but you have to ask yourself, what did you back the project for?

Did you back it for the extras, a printed manual? A t-shirt? Your face on a pilot model?

Did you back it for DCS WWII simulation, done at the levels and standards of the P-51D and other products of ED?

Of course all of the above would be nice, but the fact is that it probably wont all happen. But based on KS standards, ED is doing their best to honor the KS, and in that, albeit a little later than promised, is DCS WWII 1944.

I will say it again though, until ED announces their changes or plans for the KS, its all just chatter anyways. But while we wait, you really need to decide what you want out of all this... personally I am ok with ED releasing a WWII environment like we were hoping for. But everyone needs to figure out what is going to make this ok for them. If you wanted 100% of what you were promised from RRG, as I said, I think you will be dissapointed. But this is just my opinion.

64Sig.png

That's why I didn't

Well I didn't add to the startup was waiting to see what/how far they will go.now it will be quite awhile before we see a new WWII map style..platform...:doh:

but my understanding is DCS is picking up the slack, is this fair to them.don't think so..but we now have to wait and see..wait and see wait and see :music_whistling:

[/Table]

Recruiting for Aerobatic Team/Fighter Group...

Well, I am not sure I agree, if they decide to refund the entire project, then they are not obligated in any shape or form to complete the project... I would have to think that would only hurt those that were really looking forward to this, but that is an option I suppose.

Absolutely correct!! However, given ED already have $155K worth of DCS WWII development product from the KS funds alone and they are in the business of making money through developing DCS content, it would seem logical for them to continue making these WWII modules. The advantage being that they would no longer have the matrix millstone around their neck - my main point. Given ED partnered with RRG in the first place and have now picked up the whole DCS WWII project, this would seem a fair indicator that this was the way they wanted to go with DCS with regard to WWII content.

I don't know... I understand the frustration, and ED is they only ones around to take that out on, but you have to ask yourself, what did you back the project for?

ED have nothing but my complete respect for the way they have stepped up over this whole issue. I'm not a huge WWII fan but I backed the project because:

• ED were partners on this,
  • I thought it might get me into the WWII scene a bit more,
  • It helps promote the DCS enterprise as a whole, which I am very keen to see prosper and develop further in many aspects, including WWII.

• ED Team

The KS money didnt even cover the development of a full aircraft.... while their WWII stuff will make them money, it wasnt planned out like this, you have to appreciate that. I am glad they got a good chunk of the RRG team, or we might be SOL.

64Sig.png

I recieved an answer to my question for support.

If you select reward in Kickstarter DCS-World digital copy FW-190 D-9, then you don't need to purchase it, your key you recieve later.

Sorry for my English.

Intel Core i7-3770K, 16Gb RAM, 120Gb SSD (под Винду), 240Gb SSD (под остальное), nVidia GTX 770 Gigabyte, 40" 1920x1080, TrackIR 3 + Track Clip Pro, VKB Black Mamba Pro (РУС), Saitek x65 Pro (РУД), педали CH Pro Pedals. YouTube Работа

Дождались... Focke Wulf 190 D-9

From Wags

"How this relates to DCS: WW II backers…

This pre purchase is targeted towards non-DCS: WW II backers. Although we are still tuning the rewards program, any backer contributing $40 or more will get the Dora as part of their rewards. Backers will get their keys prior the Dora release.

In the July update, I hope to have a clear explanation of the changes coming to the reward system.

As a pre purchase, this only provides a key; it does not make the aircraft available to fly prior to the August release date. The sole advantage of doing the pre purchase for non-DCS: WW II backers is the 20% discount.

Thanks"

Thank You very much for clearing this up.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am happy to get the airplanes, if not all, i dont care i buy them even if i am a backer with more then 100.

I started my "career" with Flanker/Flanker 2.0 and was happy when Lock on and later Flaming Cliffs were published. I have all of them. I amv ery content with ED, they are making a great job, for mr the best sims. I like those "real" airplanes.

The extras (for me the manuals): I can print them on Lula, have the A-10C, i am very pleased with their print but i can live with the PDF s too.

For now i am so glad to "have" my Dora. Cant wait to feel her and to take my hands on her.

Hals und Bein:pilotfly:

• Like 1

By all the readings... the July update will reveal all.

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

I'm just slightly worried as nothing has been said about those pledgers for less than 40$ bucks such as myself.

I have a wife and two kids. I just can't go around and give money like it's not mine.

I could afford 20, I was promised four flyables. That I chose via a specific software and that were accepted.

I'm not going to stomp my feet and start pretending, but I want to be treated fairly and not as a thief.

Who prepared the reward system knew the risks. Gods knows I take my risks and pay dearly for my mistakes. ..

Well my friend. You are not alone... :) Let's just wait for this month update and hope for a good solution.