ADF Radio (1.2.8) in Huey - no sound in multiplayer

Blindspot

Dear Belsimtek,

(only in multiplayer missions) there is no sound output of radio transmissions with the ADF-radio. When tuning-in a transmission, the noise disappears and the ADF needle points toward the radio station - but there is only silence and the transmission itself cannot be heard (neither the morse ID-code of NDBs nor self-placed transmissions by script or mission editor / in all modes "ADF", "ANT" and "LOOP").

Starting the same mission in single-player, the radio works well.

(In the A-10 btw, there is no such problem.)

Greetings, Spot.

Я только понимаю Вокзал.

This is what I did. No sound.

[Edit: in the huey... A10 works]

[Edit2: Would be interested in any confirmation, just to be sure it's not my installation. Join any mp in the huey, turn on the ADF radio and try to find any audible NDB morse tone. Thanks in advance!]

Edited by Blindspot

Я только понимаю Вокзал.

Oh man, I took it into account, even if in an A-10 you don't have to...

This does NOT solve the problem.

So please, yould would help me if you join any MP session in an Huey and try to hear anything from the ADF radio (except noise and silence).

myEventHandler = {}
function myEventHandler:onEvent(event)
   if event.id == world.event.S_EVENT_BIRTH then
       trigger.action.radioTransmission(Radios[1].Sound, Vec3FromZone(trigger.misc.getZone("Dropzone")), radio.modulation.FM, true, 30000000, 500, "FM30");
       trigger.action.radioTransmission(Radios[1].Sound, Vec3FromZone(trigger.misc.getZone("Dropzone")), radio.modulation.FM, true, 925000, 500, "FM");
       trigger.action.radioTransmission(Radios[1].Sound, Vec3FromZone(trigger.misc.getZone("Dropzone")), radio.modulation.AM, true, 925000, 500, "AM");
   end
end
world.addEventHandler(myEventHandler);

Edited by Blindspot

Я только понимаю Вокзал.

Just tested my mission with more than one player...

As soon as a second player joined, all transmissions can be heard again (also the "standard" NDB beacons on the map).

Since this effect occurs only in the Huey, this seems to be a bug with the UH-1 (since V 1.2.8 ). Therefore my posting is at the right place here in this thread.

Thanks for your replys.

Я только понимаю Вокзал.

• 2 weeks later...

No need to be jealous... I'm just playing around with scripting in DCS. Currently I prepare a mission that is fully scripted and one of the key ideas behind is to use the Huey's ADF radio to find places. But it's obviously neccessary to hear something in the radio to be able to identify transmissions...

That's often not the case like said before. Transmitting sound files over the "virtual ether" (trigger.action.radioTransmission) seems sometimes to "crash", "halt" or "mute" the sound output of the Huey-Radios, while other sound out methods stay intact (trigger.action.outSound...). Sometimes it works if another player joins the mission and sometimes not.

As long as this is not fixed, this mission will not appear on any server.

Я только понимаю Вокзал.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I can confirm that the sound file is not playing in MP, while working ok in SP.

I have another similar issue: VHF/FM homing is not working for clients, and somehow the needle gets stuck (ie does not reset) after the unit emitting disappears.

Would be nice for SAR MP mission if the homing was working again.

Thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 5 years later...
  • 6 months later...

As long as the title doesn't read "[REPORTED]" or "[INVESTIGATING]", don't expect a thread to be read by ED after 6 months. We need such proofs as a track or a video, but so far, all I see is words. I'm convinced the VHF FM sound works in multiplayer as long as the RADIO TRANSMISSION action is repeated over time, so new players can hear the sound too. I have no idea about ADF AM sound. I'll test all of this with friends tonight, will make a video out of it, and will post it here.

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

I've just tested it with a friend:

• He could not hear beacons declared with the "MISSION INIT" triggers (Beethoven's 5th)
  • He could hear boh ADF and FM beacons declared with "REPETITIVE ACTION", but in my opinion the sound was not right (the CTLD default beacon sound seemed to be altered)
  • After maximum one minute, he could hear both ADF and FM beacons repeated thanks to the "TIME SINCE FLAG" triggers (Ride of the Valkyries)

No video but my mission is attached, for you to test.

UH-1H_ADF_and_FM_beacons.miz

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.