Can't start flaming cliffs.

dacosta1

Hello,

I bought recently the cd version of flaming cliffs in english. I installed lock on and i after instaled flaming cliffs, without any problem. at the first launch the starforce protection send to restart my pc .

after the restart i lauched anorther time but the the game froze i was only able to hear the sound of the trailer and see the minimized icon of flaming cliffs on my status bar but no more. At the same time my adsl link crashed and i was only able to reboot and since this all the time i tried to launch the game the same happens.

i uninstaled all lock on and flaming cliffs and reinstalled with the new patch but still the same happens. So i uninstalled flaming cliffs another time and tried to play lock on, and it start very well. I use the last n'vidia drivers and my windows is up to date.

So Is this problem common and how can i resolve it?

Ps. sorry for my poor english.

The same thing happened to me ! I have the english download version ! I have followed all the install instructions , and this happened ! But before to do this reinstall I was able to play the game !

In my desperation, I reinstalled even windows, then on a fresh windows install I had the same problem, after i have installed the game ! :(

I don't know what is causing this problem and I was seraching the forum , but I couldn't find anything to help mi to solve the problem !

FulcrumBG.gif

I've heard about some video codecs causing similar problems. People say you must uninstall them in order to run FC. Some conflict between FC's built-in codec and the ones you have in Windows.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=