How simplified is Simplified?

So I've been adding FC3 aircraft to maps and the question has been raised regarding the difficulty factor between FC3 tasks and A-10/BS2 tasks. To read the adds, it would seem FC3 is more of an arcade style of play with AFM modeling. If this is true, doesnt that give FC3 Clients an unfair advantage over people flying "Simulator" games Like A-10C and BS2?

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

FC3 is more of an arcade style

False. There shouldn't really be much issue in mixing FC and DCS aircraft. Operating either effectively takes about the same amount skill. DCS probably requires a bit more memorization but benefits from more capability and flexibility. The fully modeled cockpit of the A-10C made learning the start up for that plane easier than the one for the Su-25 because I could never remember what key I had to press. In combat a hidden MANPAD's is the same issue for anyone. DCS might have the edge against this kind of threat with more sensors modeled and better detail in those models. If anything it's the FC players with a handicap. They have to do what the DCS players have to with less tools.

[sIGPIC]http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk187/Exorcet/F-15singaturebaseACOmodifiedcomp-1.jpg[/sIGPIC]

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

False. There shouldn't really be much issue in mixing FC and DCS aircraft. Operating either effectively takes about the same amount skill. DCS probably requires a bit more memorization but benefits from more capability and flexibility. The fully modeled cockpit of the A-10C made learning the start up for that plane easier than the one for the Su-25 because I could never remember what key I had to press. In combat a hidden MANPAD's is the same issue for anyone. DCS might have the edge against this kind of threat with more sensors modeled and better detail in those models. If anything it's the FC players with a handicap. They have to do what the DCS players have to with less tools.

I'm sorry Exorcet let me clarify my question...In combat, will FC3 Clients have an easier time targeting Simulator CLIENTS...I.E. an easier time of targeting an A-10C due to simplified avionics? I know the AI challenges are be equal.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

That question only really applies to the A-10's. The FC A-10 has no air to air sensor. The DCS version has the ability to carry the TGP. The AIM-9 works the same with both aircraft. The DCS A-10 also has a small advantage with the gun in that target wingspan can be selected.

On the FC fighters vs the DCS aircraft, that's impacted more by the fact that the fighters have radar (and IRST) and are meant for air to air combat than the particular level of modeling. FC radar is not an arcade feature. It acts like real radar modeled to a certain degree of fidelity. If A-10C or BS pilots want to survive against FC radar they'll be using the same tactics they would against DCS radar.

The question will get more interesting when there is a DCS level fighter, but there is very good chance that the DCS module will have advantages over the FC modules and not the other way around.

[sIGPIC]http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk187/Exorcet/F-15singaturebaseACOmodifiedcomp-1.jpg[/sIGPIC]

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

The odds of such a thing are already reduced as DCS : (wathever) aren't fighters (assuming we are in a sub-sonic fight). If they do target something, it will be WVR, and as long as you see the target, its all about pressing release button, so i'll be pretty equal (a10c has multiple flare modes, so i'll eaven be better for DCS products sometimes). By exemple, in a a10c vs su-25t fight, both just have to put the target in the center of the hud to lock him, so it all comes down to missiles and aircfrat characterisics, wich are modelled properly for su-25 and a10a.

FC radar is not an arcade feature. It acts like real radar modeled to a certain degree of fidelity. If A-10C or BS pilots want to survive against FC radar they'll be using the same tactics they would against DCS radar.

OK...Just so I'm not serving up a smorgasbord for the FC3 guys when I put them in a map.

Thanks!

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

OK...Just so I'm not serving up a smorgasbord for the FC3 guys when I put them in a map.

Nope! :-)

They mix well together, as far as capability. But you can't put F-15Cs against A-10Cs, for instance. (An example of what doesn't mix is the P-51.)

There is a diff between the Su-25's -- A and T models, that the Clients talk about. Most of the Clients who fly my missions want to see Su-25Ts.

I haven't had much participation with Red Clients in Mig-29s or Su-27 slots.

---

If you are going to make A-10 missions but want Red jets then you need to have areas that the A-10s can operate in, because they have hardly any defense against the Red A-A missiles. Support the A-10s with HAWK or Patriot sites.

---

Providing the Simulation Option is set to Sim, and not to Game.

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

It's true that there are different advantages to both sides... the high fidelity programs are extremely capable and can be fine tuned easily by folks who know the systems while those in the FC3 aircraft aren't given a free ride since they need to know how to apply their simplified systems properly... not to mention while maintaining awareness of what's going on around them.

One area where I'm hesitant to implement head to head is the Su-27 SFM versus the F-15C with the AFM... Nevermind the arguments about the various AAMs- strip the missiles and go to guns and we're still encountering an offset.

With that said- I'd take someone who was good in the F-15C against someone who struggled in the SU27... but put an expert in the SU27 who knows how to use the aircraft's benefits against the F-15Cs weaknesses- and an expert F-15C pilot who knows how to squeeze every last bit of performance out of his AFM...

Tell you what- that would be fun to watch but I'm not sure whose going to be hitting the silk.

Though I put A-10A slots in my missions (since the mission itself doesn't DEPEND on particular abilities of the C), they're seldom occupied. I do get a good split on the KA-50 and the UH-1 but the MI8 hasn't really caught on. When they can haul sling loads that may change... though even my Huey's can't carry sling loads right now since the choppers fall apart in the MP environment.

Like crew- I don't see a lot of participation on the 29s... I started putting up 27s in preparation of the AFM but I'm hesitant to pit them against the F-15s. When they're actually in the mission I do see some butts in the seats.

Also like crew mentioned (yes, we're actually different people)- You can help balance out your forces using SAMs or other assets that can be turned on or off. For example I have a mission that does have red fighters to CAP against ground attack aircraft. Predictably, I've also got blue fighters to defend...

But what if someone shows up for the seal hunt on red and we don't have anyone occupying the fighter slots on blue?

If there are aircraft in the area, and blue fighters aren't present then I activate a SAM system to at least give the grounders a chance to beat cheeks for cover in their own airspace... If they want to continue to push with the treat of fighter opposition- then they can arrange that meeting but that's out of our hands.

Good luck!

Edited by ENO

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art