Task FAC

I created a mission, I placed tanks, I with the KA50 and an Apache as fac, in its route the apache meet enemy tanks, so you should report it to the allies, right?

We would like to understand how to receive target information from allies

Edited by jhonny912

Oh you mean via radio chat? I suppose it could, if the right event for it is created in the mission editor. I'm not too familiar with that.

However, one thing I can tell you for sure: apaches and KAs can't send datalink infos to each other.

When you say with "friends" do yo mean friendly AI units or real people in multilayer?

If you mean AI in single player I think they need to be in your flight (Maximum of 4 helos) to be able to send you coordinates with the datalink not just on your frequency.

If you mean multilayer where your friends broadcasting you the coordinates with the datalink? it doesn't just happen automatically

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

The only way you will receive datalink targets in SP is if you order your wingman to do reconnaissance. The datalink system is manually operated: pilot must put shkval on target area, laser range, save target point, turn off shkval, and send target, all in that order. The only way AI does this is if you tell them to.

The only way you will receive datalink targets in SP is if you order your wingman to do reconnaissance. The datalink system is manually operated: pilot must put shkval on target area, laser range, save target point, turn off shkval, and send target, all in that order. The only way AI does this is if you tell them to.

You dont need to switch off the Shkval for sending a DL info.

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

you sure about that? I use DL in multiplayer all the time, and if i forget to turn off shkval before sending data, my wingman never receives it.

Iirc, if you have your Shkval turned on and a target locked, then this target will be the source for the DL send process. BUT the procedure then would be different (you must not enter a target type, iirc) to make that work.

That DL stuff is pretty error prone, imo. It follows some certain logic, yes, but "intuitive" is different. :o)

There are two basic save/send mechanisms in the datalink:

1. With a Shkval/other target point. With the datalink system cleared/reset, select a target type and destination, then do send/mem.

2. With no target points selected, and the Shkval off. Pick the target with the type buttons, select a destination, then do send/mem.

That's my understanding as of a few months ago, when I was teaching a buddy how to fly the Ka-50.

Black Shark, Harrier, and Hornet pilot

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission