What about a Tempest MKV in DCS?

Dora, 109K4, P51, Spitfire IX, XIV, it seems all powerful aircrafts in 1944-45 of weatern line will show off in DCS sky.

I strongly suggest ED add a Tempest in future. It's unimaginable for USAAF without P51, and unimaginable for Luftwaffe lacking of fw190,, so is RAF having no Tempest MKV in late years of WWII! Tempest Sqn claimed 240 air victories and 8:1 ratio on Luftwaffe.

If a Tempest costs 50$ even 100$, I'll buy it without hesitate.

In this link, you'll see movies(gun camera) how a Tempest dogfight a Dora in history.

"Reaching Newchurch airfield at 480 mph I held "RB" down to 20 ft from the runway and then pulled her up to a 60 ° climb holding it as the speed dropped slowly off and the altimeter needle spun round the dial as if it were mad. At 7000 ft the speed was dropping below 180 mph and I rolled the Tempest lazily inverted, then allowed the nose to drop until the horizon, at first above my head, disappeared below (or rather above) the now inverted nose, the fields and woods steadied into the centre of the windscreen and then whirled around as I put the stick hard over and rolled around the vertical dive. Steadying again I pulled out over the tree tops at 500 mph, throttled back and pulled hard over towards the airfield in an over-the-vertical climbing turn, lowering the wheels and flaps in a roll as the speed dropped. What a magnificent aeroplane! They could have all their Spitfires and Mustangs!"

("My part of the sky", Roland Beamont)

"The Messerschmitt Me 262's most dangerous opponent was the British Hawker Tempest - extremely fast at low altitudes, highly-manoeuvrable and heavily-armed."

(Hubert Lange, Me262 pilot)

Let's vote for Tempest, the one that outdives/outzooms any piston aircraft in WWII!!! The King of Boom/Zoom tactic! Fw190D9's lethal opponent!

freudenthal-4.jpg

Edited by tempestglen

I'd rather see a Typhoon:

From Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawker_Typhoon

"When the Luftwaffe brought the formidable Focke-Wulf Fw 190 into service in 1941, the Typhoon was the only RAF fighter capable of catching it at low altitudes; as a result it secured a new role as a low-altitude interceptor.

Through the support of pilots such as Roland Beamont it became established in roles such as night-time intruder and a long-range fighter.

From late 1942 the Typhoon was equipped with bombs and from late 1943 RP-3 ground attack rockets were added to its armoury. Using these two weapons, the Typhoon became one of the Second World War's most successful ground-attack aircraft."

Sorry I like ground attack.

230px-Hawker_Typhoon.jpg

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

I thought the Jugs were divemasters, no?

Tempest outdives thunderbolt and fly faster than latter at low altitude.

http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org/sl-wade.html

Dives

Speed and acceleration in the dive is an essential quality to a successful fighter, but a decisive conclusion on the order of superiority is largely dependant on throttle settings, and the maximum speed in straight and level flight of the individual aircraft. Here again, however, by carrying out a number of tests under different conditions, it is reasonable to assume that the Meteor is well ahead of its rivals, followed by the Tempest, Thunderbolt, Mustang and Spitfire in that order.

Efficient streamlining and maximum speed both influence the dive, although a jet propelled aircraft will invariably have the advantage, particularly at the higher speeds, when the conventional fighter is progressively more handicapped by airscrew drag, and the accessory protuberances common to all conventionally powered fighters.

No account is taken in this order of Mach number limitations or altitude, as at around 500 mph the limitations imposed on the maximum permissible speeds for each type cause considerable change in the order, but it should be appreciated that these do not affect the diving qualities of the aircraft as opposed to maximum speed of which they are capable. First prize to the Meteor.

wade-dive.jpg

I'd rather see a Typhoon:

From Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawker_Typhoon

"When the Luftwaffe brought the formidable Focke-Wulf Fw 190 into service in 1941, the Typhoon was the only RAF fighter capable of catching it at low altitudes; as a result it secured a new role as a low-altitude interceptor.

Through the support of pilots such as Roland Beamont it became established in roles such as night-time intruder and a long-range fighter.

From late 1942 the Typhoon was equipped with bombs and from late 1943 RP-3 ground attack rockets were added to its armoury. Using these two weapons, the Typhoon became one of the Second World War's most successful ground-attack aircraft."

Sorry I like ground attack.

230px-Hawker_Typhoon.jpg

As a descendant of typhonn, tempest share almost same cockpit model with it. If we complete tempy, typhoon is not far away. I support typhoon too!

Tempest outdives thunderbolt and fly faster than latter at low altitude.

http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org/sl-wade.html

Don't conflate the excellent website with one man's apple polishing. I make no special claims about any aircraft here, but that article is not objective. :book:

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

I too would love the Tempest it is next to the 190 in my wanted list :)

But if anyone is going to do one I imagine it will be VEAO not ED.

Edited by Krupi

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

I think the Brits should have another aeroplane. We only have the spitfire. I say only but what an aeroplane the spitfire was. I love the typhoon and the tempest great choice. But I can't help but think a truly great addition to DCS WW2 would be a mosquito.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

I think the Brits should have another aeroplane. We only have the spitfire. I say only but what an aeroplane the spitfire was. I love the typhoon and the tempest great choice. But I can't help but think a truly great addition to DCS WW2 would be a mosquito.

Your forgetting the Mustang MK II that's already out.... And the Thunderbolt MK II that's in the pipeline! The Brits have the most planes scheduled!

Yeah I'm meaning aircraft produced by British company's:)

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

You can have your flawed Tiffies [Just don't go into a dive] I want the Tempest.

And yes us Brits should have another plane.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

We'll give you pommies another plane if you're going to act so entitled: how about a defiant?:doh:

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

The typhoon and the tempest really we're mean and menacing looking sob's weren't they. Especially with the rockets.

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

I think VEAO might be eyeing that up as well :)

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

This would be a great thing to have in DCS WW2, but is there an air-worthy Tempest somewhere? If I 'm not mistaken, VEAO only model aircraft for which they have access to (i hope they would bend the rules for that if they were to model a Tempest).

An airworthy Mossie does exist though, so I hope you are right Krupi :)

The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life to experience all three at the same time.

I shall have to harass Chris at VEAO until they make a mosquito. I've been harassing him for a tornado for over a year:lol:

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

This would be a great thing to have in DCS WW2, but is there an air-worthy Tempest somewhere? If I 'm not mistaken, VEAO only model aircraft for which they have access to (i hope they would bend the rules for that if they were to model a Tempest).

No airworthy Tempest :( but only for the moment :) according to wiki and our heroes VEAO :)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2085890&postcount=78

Project IX Cockpit

Kermit Weeks' Tempest V (ex 486(NZ) Sqn) is getting there:

Kermit Weeks' Hawker Tempest progress page.

Can't wait to see it finished and - fingers x'ed - flying! :thumbup::pilotfly: