Idle position on TM Throttle fails to power engines

terminatahx

Dude, I am forever in your debt. I never even realized that hump was there until you mentioned it. The way you described it forced me to focus on actually finding it and lifting the throttles. Thanks a million!

Thanks everyone for your help in this! This community is amazing! Onto Navigation systems training :)

Glad I could help, I know Iv'e needed it myself quite a bit :)

It was mentioned already in the very first reply that the throttle has to be moved from off to idle. While I can understand that sometimes one just does not see the obvious - especially if everything is new and probably lacking the context - I still do wonder, OP, what you actually did or tried when you moved the throttle from off to idle. Idle is at the bottom, moving the throttle forward is thrust ... but where did you assumed that "off" was then? :o)

It was mentioned already in the very first reply that the throttle has to be moved from off to idle. While I can understand that sometimes one just does not see the obvious - especially if everything is new and probably lacking the context - I still do wonder, OP, what you actually did or tried when you moved the throttle from off to idle. Idle is at the bottom, moving the throttle forward is thrust ... but where did you assumed that "off" was then? :o)

He obviously thought like me when I first got the TM Hotas. I also wasn't aware that you had to lift the throttle levers over that hump, I just thought pulling back before the hump was as far as it would go. His confusion, I suspect, is because while someone has mentioned a hump nobody has told him to physically lift the throttle. I don't think that there is any other throttle about where you have to do this, so I understand his confusion at first.

Hmm, it ist explained in the Warthog manual. It is pointed out in the startup tutorial video by wags and if I remember correct it is mentioned in the A-10C Quick start manual. Well, it happened. It could have been worse. A defect hardware etc. So glad we could help! :D

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Who reads manuals?! ;)

(I had the same issue when I first got my Warthog too).

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Who reads manuals?! ;)

You buy a "study SIM"(!) and don't read the manual? ;-)

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I'm 7 months in to the A-10C, and I'm still learning new things. :)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Haha, I'm into the A-10C since pre-purchase beta. Still I learn new things... it is a never ending story. :D

Later it's more new tactics, learning to instinctively fly the plane etc. That's why it never gets boring ;-)

Shagrat

Fascinating. I always thought the uniqueness of this particular feature was one of the main selling points for the Warthog, and now players trip over it. :music_whistling: :D