Can't connect to server - help?

dooom

Hey guys,

For some reason I can no longer connect to our Dogs of War squad server. I have tried dcs repair - router reset, checked slmod Bannedclients.lua, flushed dns etc.

Whenever I click connect, it hangs and then I get a "can't connect" window.

I can connect to every other open server though. It is very weird.

Any ideas?

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Any chance it crashed? Server add integrity check?

He may also have a script issue in the mission that's causing a hang... if you can join up with everyone else then it's not likely something on your end (except if you've tried modding some files and he has IC on).

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

they have slmod on but there is no problem for anyone else to join... maybe I'll try having them load up a different mission to see if I can get on.

the only thing i had running was tacview but i checked with some guys last night and they also had tacview on and could get on. I shut mine off and still get the "cant connect" message.

weird.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

That is strange... Wonder if it's an ISP issue. If it were me I'd try a few things to test. Rename the net config file in saved games / dcs and let it be rebuilt to test. If it works then great- if not delete the new file and rename the old one back to original. I'd also try restarting my computer as well as a router / modem reset (power cycle).

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

It's not SLMOD.... I removed it a little while back when you guys expressed interest in servmon. I looked today and found nothing that could specifically ban anyone now. yay. :doh:

My first guess was that your IP was listed somewhere.. firewall, ISP etc. But It sounds like you released and renewed your IP. Have you spoken with David? He had an identical issue I believe.

Edited by Merlin-27

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

So i am still having this problem. I wold welcome any ideas out there. I have reinstalled on my side and it is VERY sporadic. I say sporadic because o have been able to connect twice now but then I'll get the "Cant connect" window popping up and be locked out.

SLmod is uninstalled. I tried connecitng without firewalls etc... out of ideas. I set up a static IP to try that too.

Can anyone help?

FINALLY figured it out i think....

i was running my ipconfig/release and ipconfig/renew through the cmd prompt... turns out the bluetooth adapter was throwing a block on it (hell knows why) and i didnt realize it until i found a post buried deep in the interweb

i performed a release/renew through the router itself et voila'.... i appears to work now.

I'll post again if it gets farked again.

still wish i understood the initial block.