AutoPilot kills me (Su-25T)

Hello everyone,

I played DCS with the Su-25T and always when i start the Autopilot kills me. Everytime the Autopilot turns to the right or left. When im on the ground he turns to right/left and when im up as well. When the Autopilot lights are off he is still turning right or left. How can i turn off the Autopilot?

Lalt+9 disengages autopilot but the plane will be left in trimmed mode that the autopilot had prior to disengaging. You have to manually trim the aircraft back to neutral position after that.

not manually. use the return to flight AP( or w/e its called ) to return to even flight trim.

DCSW wishlist : multi-crew :D

GTX480, i52400, 8GB, Samsung EVO 840 250G SSD, Raid 0 2TB =~45 FPS [Maxed]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Don't turn it on while on the ground.

Don't turn on route following mode until you have the aircraft pointed in the direction of the next steer point, and trimmed.

Make sure you turn on the right mode for the situation. Review pages 18, 19, and 20 of the manual.

I would be shocked if the real aircraft had such a lethally-designed autopilot system. Sneeze and bump the stick while flying straight and level and your trim will send you into an uncontrollable spiral of death when you disengage the autopilot.

DO...........NOT..........PRESS..........A.

There endeth the lesson

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Su-25T: Autopilot Reset switch would be the appropriate instrument for bringing your joystick back to idle position. The problem: i cannot activate the Auto Reset button in the Su-25T. Is the Autopilot reset button (not the Auto Straight and level button and not the Autopilot Off button) working in v1.2.8?

To cancel bad AP trim hit the emergency wings level mode. Then let it stabilize before you disengage.

Don't use AP taxiing, taking off, or landing. You can use it down to 5 to 3 km from the runway if you have trouble getting on glideslope manually for landing approaches, but if you keep it on until the last moment you're really asking for unpleasant trim surprises during touchdown.

Due to the geometry of how the radar altimeter works the AP is quite happy to fly you straight into mountains if the mountains are steep enough.

Read the manual and practice. Then do it again a bunch of times until you understand the AP. It's very useful if you know how to use it properly.

Also note that for a player controlled plane the auto pilot should be off by default in most missions and the starting trim should be neutral. If you don't turn the AP on, but are still having problems then you probably have some sort of control configuration problem or your input hardware (stick, pedals, keyboard, etc) may have a problem.

Edited by esb77

Callsign "Auger". It could mean to predict the future or a tool for boring large holes.

I combine the two by predictably boring large holes in the ground with my plane.