BetAB-500

So as I understand it, the BetAB-500 is a runway/concrete/bunker buster.

Has it got a bug in it or how many do you need to puncture through an ammunition depot. I have used 2 on same target and no joy ?

If this bomb is not a dedicated "bunker Buster" for the frogfoot can you please advise which to use (bomb wise)

Thoughts on a postcard please.

Also is the drag for bombs and CCIP in the su25-t going to be fixed (provided its broken) soon as it seems you need a very steep dive for shallow curve bombs.

Doesnt seem to have a very large amount of explosive in it... 75.5kg compared to the GBU 31 V3 which has 240kg.[/quote

this is what it does in real life, doesnt look like its 75kg.

http://youtu.be/5RK-xdCd1ag?t=26m20s

this is what it does in real life, doesnt look like its 75kg.

That accords with the RL explosive content of the default and ShP variant. Damage-modelling in DCS is a WIP.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

So as I understand it, the BetAB-500 is a runway/concrete/bunker buster.

Has it got a bug in it or how many do you need to puncture through an ammunition depot. I have used 2 on same target and no joy ?

If this bomb is not a dedicated "bunker Buster" for the frogfoot can you please advise which to use (bomb wise)

Thoughts on a postcard please.

Also is the drag for bombs and CCIP in the su25-t going to be fixed (provided its broken) soon as it seems you need a very steep dive for shallow curve bombs.

I would try using S-25/S-25L or S-13s if you're in the 25A. Nothing will give a one hit destruction though. In the 25T you can use the KH-29, but still I don't think it's a one hit kill.

I'm just working off of my memory atm.

SU-25 Weapons to destroy an Ammunition Depot

Did a test:

2x KH-29T/L

2x KAB-500kr (which is odd since this has 100kg less explosive compared to 29T/L)

6x betAB-500

8x FAB-500

>8x S-25/25L (this surprised me...)

approx 32x FAB-100

approx 20x S-13

So, if tactics allow, set yourself up and drop a couple KAB-500kr on it and call it a day. They weigh less than kh-29s and are fire and forget with the only downside being a fairly limited delivery window.

For more flexibility in the combat area or if flying a su-25a I would take a full compliment of S-13s. Half will take out the depot leaving half for other things.

Also, note I didn't test the betAB-500ShP because their accuracy is so terrible, I doubt I would be able to get enough hits on target from 1 su-25.