external instrumentation add-on. feasable or not?

Hello dear devs, 3rd party or not.

I always wondered how complicated it is to make an add-on module that is capable to display gauges and other instrumentation on separate networked PC. At the moment there are tools like Hawgtouch and Gadroc's Helios. While it is good to have at least something the former is no longer being worked on and everyrhing is quiet as far as Helios 2.0 (last update I found was march of this year).

3d assets are alredy there in the virtual cockpits (question of ownership can come up I guess) dcs already exports loads of data. packet listener is simple, I'm guessing there are simple 3d engines out there for the visual part.

So what would you say prevents such a module from being built? I would think that even those not building a dedicated simpit could be target audience for such software as the solution can be as easy as older laptop sitting on ordinary desk below monitor.

What would need to happen for such more dule to see light of day?

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project

It exists already for the A10C and works. I developed a remote cockpit which displays all cockpit instruments and allows even to take over aircraft control. It was planned as flight instructor cockpit and works even on an internet connection. Unfortunately the interest was close to zero. Therefore it was never finalized for a publication. Since it needs only a compilation with our latest radar version, I can make it available when Aries Radar is released.

RemoteCockpit.thumb.jpg.ccb0b0ee99367653699f72b995b1d6e3.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]