F-15C roll rate

gavagai

I purchased FC3 thanks to the sale. So far I am enjoying the jets in DCS. However, I was very surprised at the high roll rates and lack of intertia (especially compared to Falcon BMS). I know a military pilot who has seat time in the F-15C and I've asked him to comment on the roll rate in DCS. He'll be using a cougar hotas, fwiw. Have F-15C pilots tested the flight model similarly to the feedback yoyo received for the P-51? Except for this one issue I am very pleased with the flight physics.

Now, before I'm flamed, I did a search in this sub-forum on roll rate and nothing came up. Also, sorry in advance if it is bad form to compare to another sim.

:thumbup:

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Just in case you didn't know, the F15C flight model has been upgraded to "professional flight model", or PFM. Prior to that it was AFM (Advanced flight model). The rest of the FC3 planes are still AFM or less. The su27 is next on the upgrade list.

This thread explains the hows and whys:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=122801

Now, as for your question (how good is the flight model), DCS PFM is seemingly unmatched right now, but that's only what I read, and I'm certainly not a F15 pilot.

• Like 1

I don't know about the 15's roll rate, but the 16 roll rate is extremely fast irl. I haven't flown the 15 that much, so I'll have to take a look at it.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

I don't have an issue with the roll rate, I think it's pretty spot on actually but at higher than combat speeds it is a bit extreme. This seems to me anyway more of CAS tweaking issue anyway, and yes WIP.

I might get some WIP stickers made up and whack em everywhere. lol

Just in case you didn't know, the F15C flight model has been upgraded to "professional flight model", or PFM. Prior to that it was AFM (Advanced flight model). The rest of the FC3 planes are still AFM or less. The su27 is next on the upgrade list.

This thread explains the hows and whys:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=122801

Now, as for your question (how good is the flight model), DCS PFM is seemingly unmatched right now, but that's only what I read, and I'm certainly not a F15 pilot.

Prior to the new FM the F-15 was SFM, same as SU-27, -33 and MiG-29.

Just to let you know. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

Prior to the new FM the F-15 was SFM, same as SU-27, -33 and MiG-29.

Just to let you know. :)

Yup, sorry. I have read so many time that F15C has AFM (which, it appears, had never been the case) that I assumed it effectively had at some point.

That's correct. The CAS will attempt to keep the roll rate constant with respect to stick deflection, with a theoretical maximum of 250dps.

If the CAS fails and you can do a full deflection, you can get more than 500dps IIRC at high speeds.

I don't have an issue with the roll rate, I think it's pretty spot on actually but at higher than combat speeds it is a bit extreme. This seems to me anyway more of CAS tweaking issue anyway, and yes WIP.

I might get some WIP stickers made up and whack em everywhere. lol

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda