Jump to content

How dead is this?


Entobonement
 Share

Recommended Posts

Sure. Yet, should we also not advocate for what will be best long term for the simulation as a whole?

 

I am not going to judge what I dont fully understand... I cant assume that someone outside of ED couldnt write a ground radar, and work with ED to integrate it... too many factors to consider.

 

All I am saying is that someone could write their own Ground Radar :)

SigDCSNew.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They said that the Mirage 2000 is their priority right now, and then maybe the T-2. So I wouldn't expect a Strike Eagle very soon.

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

Link to comment
Share on other sites

AGREED! Really hate when people try to compare realistic simulations to F$X.

 

Hate it all you want, but FSX IS a simulator. A casual, simplified one, but still a simulator. Some FC3 planes are not much better on the "realistic simulation" scale, btw.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
Bah ...

had great hopes in this addition but there is nothing happening since i-don't-know-when that I have start to accommodate with the feeling of "there will be no F-15E ever" - to bad, was my favorite.

 

Any other sim that has a nice F-15E to fly except Janes?

 

I realize you posted this a while ago, but I do think Metal2Mesh has a pretty good F-15E for Flight Simulator X, although I'm not a big fan of FSX for combat simulation.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hate it all you want, but FSX IS a simulator. A casual, simplified one, but still a simulator. Some FC3 planes are not much better on the "realistic simulation" scale, btw.

 

You guys are mixing up microsoft flight and fsx. While the flight model in fsx isn't anything more than "plane on rails", most things that are important in commercial flight, such as ATC, is top notch. With a couple of mods and a payware plane (just like in dcs world) you can get a very deep flight experience. Just leaving this here

Link to comment
Share on other sites

FSX can be made to be very realistic, the interface is pretty open. The reputation of bad physics is really because of eye candy developers who make a pretty model and just submit it to FSX default flight code. Check out a2a, pmdg, to name two, that extensively use their own code. I recall a2a saying more than 50% of the simulation was offloaded from FSX into their own proprietary code. That said FSX is dated and flawed in many ways. Being 32 bit is a real setback.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 7 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You are really sure? Even on the razbams website, is nothing updated and no news. Except facebook and social media files with screenshots are available, but on the companies website, no further progress....since over a year. 

At the moment even their "HP" is not available:

https://razbamsimulations.com/index.php/dcs/f-15e-project


Edited by GrapeFruiT
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Versor said:

I believe ED should moved the project to someone else. After so many years of waiting for such a desirable module, it should have happened a long time ago.

oh yee of little faith.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, GrapeFruiT said:

You are really sure? Even on the razbams website, is nothing updated and no news. Except facebook and social media files with screenshots are available, but on the companies website, no further progress....since over a year. 

At the moment even their "HP" is not available:

https://razbamsimulations.com/index.php/dcs/f-15e-project

 

Well their website is being overhauled, that’s why it’s down. As for updated you’re wrong, please see this thread: 

 

8 hours ago, Versor said:

I believe ED should moved the project to someone else. After so many years of waiting for such a desirable module, it should have happened a long time ago.

You clearly have no clue about module development. I suggest you educate yourself on that first before making unfounded comments

  • Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, FoxOne007 said:

Well their website is being overhauled, that’s why it’s down. As for updated you’re wrong, please see this thread: 

 

You clearly have no clue about module development. I suggest you educate yourself on that first before making unfounded comments

Of course that i have no clue about module development. I know one think for sure - that is a lot of work. But if someone trying 10 years maybe someone else could help. Just like True Grit and Heatblur with Typhoon. And please stop telling me what i should to do ok? I'm waiting for this module just like you with crossed fingers.


Edited by Versor
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Versor said:

Of course that i have no clue about module development. I know one think for sure - that is a lot of work. But if someone trying 10 years maybe someone else could help. Just like True Grit and Heatblur with Typhoon. And please stop telling me what i should to do ok? I'm waiting for this module just like you with crossed fingers.

 

The reason it was paused for a lot of those 10 years was the lack of an AG radar, which is a key part of the F-15E, so instead of releasing it back then with hacky or missing major features they opted to wait until ED made the AG Radar API last year. and by now a lot of the 3D stuff and other tech has also had MAJOR upgrades compared to 10 years ago. There is no point at looking back for 10 years, it's not at all relevant for today anymore

  • Like 4

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

As outsiders trying to look through a crack in the window, we don't really know the real dev status until a team member actually tells us/shows us, and even then they have to usually be vague to not "overpromise under deliver" be it on features or arrival time. 

I also think that dev teams are now realising that "building buzz" a year or more before release, has a lot of negatives and very little in the way of positive benefits. Maybe it's possible Raz isn't that far off of an EA, but is staying quiet for now for "reasons". 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, FoxOne007 said:

The reason it was paused for a lot of those 10 years was the lack of an AG radar, which is a key part of the F-15E, so instead of releasing it back then with hacky or missing major features they opted to wait until ED made the AG Radar API last year. and by now a lot of the 3D stuff and other tech has also had MAJOR upgrades compared to 10 years ago. There is no point at looking back for 10 years, it's not at all relevant for today anymore

Deca Ironwork did not wait, they did it themselves for JF-17 couple of years ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Versor said:

Deca Ironwork did not wait, they did it themselves for JF-17 couple of years ago.

They did and it was terrible, had horrible performance and wasn’t very accurate. They have now adopted ED’s API which has been a big improvement. Also 1,5 years ago DCS was in a very different state compared to 10 years ago

  • Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yea a better example would be either the Viggen (which always worked pretty well), or the community A-4 (which is fine but required major updates recently to bring it up to par). The issue with that is that none of those radars have EXP modes (which is the whole selling point of the SE's radar for a2g), and even Deka haven't implemented that yet.

But more importantly, we all complained, very loudly at that, that module developers and RB especially should stop releasing EA modules with half baked features that remain a mess for years, and that then get neglected when the next new module comes up. RB got that feedback and basically stopped developing any other module until their current ones were considered complete - which, again, we all commended. Of course that's going to delay a massive, flagship-level product for years, especially with RB's habit of teasing things extremely early on in development.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, TLTeo said:

Yea a better example would be either the Viggen (which always worked pretty well), or the community A-4 (which is fine but required major updates recently to bring it up to par). The issue with that is that none of those radars have EXP modes (which is the whole selling point of the SE's radar for a2g), and even Deka haven't implemented that yet.

But more importantly, we all complained, very loudly at that, that module developers and RB especially should stop releasing EA modules with half baked features that remain a mess for years, and that then get neglected when the next new module comes up. RB got that feedback and basically stopped developing any other module until their current ones were considered complete - which, again, we all commended. Of course that's going to delay a massive, flagship-level product for years, especially with RB's habit of teasing things extremely early on in development.

Well said, you hit the nail right on the head. I would rather have it be another year before they release it if that means we will get a proper module on release and not a hot mess like the F-16C was

  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, FoxOne007 said:

Well said, you hit the nail right on the head. I would rather have it be another year before they release it if that means we will get a proper module on release and not a hot mess like the F-16C was

we are well aware of the issues with the F-16 Launch but convenient that you ignore that module launches since then. Please try to remember we have learned from our mistake. 

To all: This thread is off topic now and I will close, please review the forum rules when posting. 

  • Like 5

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...